Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! First things first, I am very new to forums so forgive me if i don't use proper etiquette and posting procedures.

After a while of research on programmers for my vehicle, i decided to go with the Hypertech Max Energy. The Trinity was just a little too much money for me at the time and I couldn't find a Predator online. One huge reason i bought a programmer was to get rid of that drone during MDS. As well as MDS all together!

So here is my issue... My MDS has shut off during cruising speeds. BUT whenever i let off the throttle completely, the ECO light comes on and my car emits a horrific drone as well as significant deceleration. I can literally feel the car jolt in and out of MDS. For a strange reason it only does it at 40mph and up. Not at 38 or 39, but 40! Now I am considering purchasing another programmer because maybe this one just isn't doing the job, But I'm worried that all of the other programmers will just have the same result. So I am asking anyone who has gotten a programmer for the purpose of disabling MDS, that if they have had the same issue that i am having. Any info you could provide would be very helpful.

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm not familiar with the programmers that do it. You might come out better finding a tuner on the net that you can overnight your pcm to and have it turned off that way. May be someone else will chime in here.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sounds like your Hypertech programming has been overwritten or flashed over during service.
Call the tech line with your Serial Number to check it for you,

Thanks,

GW

·
Registered
924 Posts
Should've just waited to find a Predator. Never had any issues with mine and when you shut MDS off it stays off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts