Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend of mine just bought an 09' (What are the police models called? I know Crown Vics are P71's) "police interceptor" for $5800, with 124k.

It definitely up close looks every bit of 124k but the thing runs and drives absolutely perfect.

First off, can someone list all the modifications the police models have? Or is there a thread somewhere that goes over it all?

The seller said it has to have premium, is that true? I had a 2013 5.7 that didn't need premium, so I was just curious. (It also doesn't say anywhere on the gauge or gas cap door about premium)

When we were driving, and came to a stop, I noticed the headlights flickered quite a bit, as if there was a heavy power draw, but there wasn't. Looked like it was ONLY the headlights as well, as the radio, or gauge cluster didn't dim or act funky.

And is there any way to "enable" the car to know when the doors are open again? (To get the dome lights to come on when the doors open, and to get the delayed accessories to turn off when you get out).

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Friend of mine just bought an 09' (What are the police models called? I know Crown Vics are P71's) "police interceptor" for $5800, with 124k.

It definitely up close looks every bit of 124k but the thing runs and drives absolutely perfect.

First off, can someone list all the modifications the police models have? Or is there a thread somewhere that goes over it all?

The seller said it has to have premium, is that true? I had a 2013 5.7 that didn't need premium, so I was just curious. (It also doesn't say anywhere on the gauge or gas cap door about premium)

When we were driving, and came to a stop, I noticed the headlights flickered quite a bit, as if there was a heavy power draw, but there wasn't. Looked like it was ONLY the headlights as well, as the radio, or gauge cluster didn't dim or act funky.

And is there any way to "enable" the car to know when the doors are open again? (To get the dome lights to come on when the doors open, and to get the delayed accessories to turn off when you get out).

Thanks in advance!
If it's a 3.5L I don't believe it needs premium.

The flicking when you put the brakes on... does it seem like the lights get brighter after you touch the brakes?

Does the car have EVIC? Normally there is a dome light that has a switch to say Door, On, Off (Or something close to that.)
If it's in Evic then there is ways to do it in there.

If you can let me know what engine it is, that would help me answer some of your questions. :)

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
The Police Supplemental Manual will be very helpful to him as well. I have a 2014 and the manual has helped me alot.

As far as police upgrades, right off the top of my head; Severe Duty cooling, aux engine/trans/ps cooler, HD brakes and Suspension, high speed engine controller, performance steering and exhaust, High Amp Alternator (200amp I believe) and Battery, column shift, HD cloth or vinyl seats, certo speedometer. Some of this may depend on whether it's a 3.5 or 5.7.

He may also want to print this;

https://www.fleet.chrysler.com/Flee...e Documents/PoliceUpfittingGuide2006-2010.pdf

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry guys, thought I posted, its the 5.7

I didn't notice any relation to hitting the brakes and the headlights dimming.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts