Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Few days ago I got home from work, put the car in park, and couldn’t get the key out. Noticed the reverse lights were on. Disconnected the battery and was able to get the fob out. Did some research and found out that the 2008+ don’t have the breakable pink thingy so that was eliminated.
I took the trim off to hit the emergency release to put the car in neutral and it went to neutral so that leads me to believe that it’s not anything with the shifter cable.

the car lights up and dings when I put the key in but the car won’t actually start. Has anyone ever encountered a problem like this before?
The car is a 2009 with the 2.7L engine

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
You can't start it even in neutral?

·
Registered
354 Posts
So is the car actually in neutral? Like if the parking brake is released can you get out and physically move the car? If you can’t, then the transmission isn’t in neutral so the shifter cable that runs underneath maybe have disconnected.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So is the car actually in neutral? Like if the parking brake is released can you get out and physically move the car? If you can’t, then the transmission isn’t in neutral so the shifter cable that runs underneath maybe have disconnected.
yes the car was actually in neutral. I saw a thread on a Dodge Ram forum with almost the exact situation. What worked for them was to put the key in the ignition, hit the switch to get the car into neutral, and push the car backwards. I did that and when I put the car back in park, I heard a click and everything was fine. Issue hasn’t come back since

1 - 5 of 5 Posts