Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new here & about to buy an 09 R/T & wanted to know what a fair price is.

The R/T I talked to the dealer about had a sticker price around $35,600 (sunroof, P package). He deducted the employee price discount & a couple other incentives to give a price of $29,700 & wouldnt got below that. He priced one without the P package at $27,700. Just wondering what others have paid for an 09 R/T, or what a decent price is. Thanks!

· Registered
734 Posts
I gave $27K for my 07. It was a demo with 4K on it so it sounds like it's not a bad deal.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When i priced an R/T on dodge.com, with the employee pricing, incentives, etc, it comes to $29,732, which is what the dealer quoted. Is this a good price? The dealer did not seem like he wanted to negotiate beyond that point.

· Registered
85 Posts
Last month I placed a factory order for a silver (no extra charge paint) 2009 R/T AWD with the P package and every option except the block heater for $33,238 including the $750 destination. I think it was $958 under the dodge.com price. Incentives are different per region so I don't know how it will compare.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I am new here & about to buy an 09 R/T & wanted to know what a fair price is.

The R/T I talked to the dealer about had a sticker price around $35,600 (sunroof, P package). He deducted the employee price discount & a couple other incentives to give a price of $29,700 & wouldnt got below that. He priced one without the P package at $27,700. Just wondering what others have paid for an 09 R/T, or what a decent price is. Thanks!
I wasn't finding the 09' Charger prices competitive either,

Have you looked for an '08, I've priced several with the 29P (sans Moon Roof) under 25 OTD in the last couple weeks, I'm buying a White '08, 29P I found with dealer installed CAI and Flowmaster exhaust for 25,9 OTD. The MSRP is 34,555 plus they listed the CAI and exhaust as a 1,400 add-on, The dealerships owner has been driving it as a demo so it's got 3,500 miles on it, which is fine with me ...

· Registered
232 Posts
In my area it would go for 29,605 thats with the 3,000 dealer incentive and 3,335 employee discount,so it could possibly depend on your location & color of the car.The 08s are going for even less,so a better deal could be had on those or the SRTs,D.:beerchug:

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for the input. I'm just trying to determine if the dealers should be negotiating beyond the incentives & employee pricing or if that is about as much of a deal there is. I'm assuming they should be willing to come down some from the dodge.com quoted price. Thanks.

· Registered
479 Posts
Thanks everyone for the input. I'm just trying to determine if the dealers should be negotiating beyond the incentives & employee pricing or if that is about as much of a deal there is. I'm assuming they should be willing to come down some from the dodge.com quoted price. Thanks.
well my car was 34k msrp in 07 and I got it for like 29k plus 3k for taxes,etc..

so the price is about right.. but were in a recession so if your serious about buying it im sure you can get another 1 grand off. even at that price the dealership is still making money.. hold backs, etc..

if I was going to do it again, I would buy a 1 year old model that someone else has already ate most of the depreciation on.. because once you drive of that lot say goodbye to aabout 5k in new car value.. get a 08' SRT8 with less than 10k miles on it for that price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.