Charger Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I made a link earlier in the week about seeing a 2009 model Charger (http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53041) in a magazine. Didnt read the entire article but the magazine, MOPAR ENTHUSIAST, put themselves in a hypthetical question on "how would you design the 2009 Charger"? So I later went and bought the magazine. So here are the pictures I was talking about in the earlier thread. Hope I didnt cause any confusions, rumors, etc. Im sorry for the picture size and crappiness. No lighting in the house. If I used flash, nasty glare would show.

Edit: Removed pic since someone resized for me...THANK YOU

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
the magazine drew what they want the 2010 charger to look like thats all this is

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Note to everyone... notice that they said on the cover "we design them".

There is nothing official about these drawings. They are fan art, nothing more. They're about as realistic as all the fan art surrounding the 2009 Trans Am, which does not exist.

·
Registered
968 Posts
The front is nice....

The other pic... it looks like the birth-child of a Vette and Charger... hlaf the features of both. Yuck, I don't like it at all.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I love the lower front bumper cover. That grill just doesn't fit though.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
That looks remarkably similar to the concept Charger of the late 90's

·
Registered
338 Posts
I dig it, but I think it's too late for them to take the Charger retro. If they did that the value of ours I think would fall off the grid, or they'd alienate everybody that bought one of ours and didn't get the retro design. It's cool...don't get me wrong...but somehow I don't think we'll see a retro Charger come out in 2009. The Challenger on the other hand, I think they hit that one out of the park.

·
Registered
171 Posts
They have a picture of a purple one here:

http://moparenthusiast.com/toc.pdf

my only gripe about them doing it... why now? Why introduce the Charger they have today if they are going to change it THAT radically... and why in two-door?

Most mfg. today release one brand in two-door and another in four. I would have expected the Charger to stay 4 and the Challenger to be 2.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
I dig it, but I think it's too late for them to take the Charger retro. If they did that the value of ours I think would fall off the grid, or they'd alienate everybody that bought one of ours and didn't get the retro design.
I don't get this... it's business. What makes you think DCX or Chrysler LLC (or whatever) gives a flying crap about the people who already bought a product off of them? Do you really think they lose 1 millisecond of sleep over protecting the resale value of current owners' rides?

"Chuck, fantastic drawings on the new generation of Charger we're considering. That redesign promises to sell millions of cars at top dollar. But you know, Chuck, both the marketing department and the head office feel that we'd be sticking it to our current owners if that redesign was to get out, so in all good conscience I think we're going to have to shelf that redesign permanently. So maybe head back to the drawing board, take an existing Charger design and slap some new wheels on it, and we'll call it even. Trust me, it's for everyone's best."

1 - 15 of 15 Posts