Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told that's its foolish to think about and it would be a was of time but I can't stop thinking about this one simple thing. The 2008 dodge chargers and the 2011 dodge chargers seem to be the same width along with the same length. What would be keeping someone from getting 2011 exterior parts and attempting to place them on a 2008-2010 body. I have heard rumors that they moved the fitment of the front noses and the holes wouldn't align. any thoughts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I wonder this also because I wanted to place a R/T spoiler from a newer GEN on my 08 but didn't know how it would look

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really think if someone would sit down and pay close attention to detail it might be able to be done. Where I live they just opened a plastic forming company and I have been thinking to myself if I buy a front bumper and its off by a little bit I could always take it there and have them form me a new front bumper with the correct placement of the holes. As to you question I don't think the it would matter as far as the spoilers also if you order something from lets say a dodge dealer and it does not fit you can take it back and get a full refund. Because I have been wanting to remove the ram emblems to put the mopar emblems on front and back and that's what the parts guy told me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I would say does anyone have a stock 2011 nose tat they wouldn't mind letting me borrow. So I could try it just to see. I like the 2006 to 2010 but the nose on the 2011 just makes it look so much more aggressive.

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
The 2011 front fascia will not fit on a 2006-10 model, you would have to do a lot modifying to the stock 2011 fascia in order to fit with the fenders on the 2006-10 model because they're different in shape especially where they meet. Not to mention the head lights meet up with the side fenders on the 2011 unlike the 2006-10 models. So you'd have to fit the new head lamps too. Basically if you have the money you can do it, but it will end up costing the amount to buy a new base line car probably.

See what I mean where the headlamps meet? To successfully do it you'd have to replace the hood, the headlamps, and the fenders just to fit the front fascia.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I understand that but you can buy front bumbers and fenders etc for probably less than $1,000 my question is if you had a whole front walk away older mopar guys know what im talking about would everything fit.

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
I understand that but you can buy front bumbers and fenders etc for probably less than $1,000 my question is if you had a whole front walk away older mopar guys know what im talking about would everything fit.
What Tony said, anything is possible but you can't buy all those pieces for $1,000, no way, the hood itself is about $1,000. Like I previously said you'd need new headlamps, new grill, new fenders and a hood in order to make it work and because of different mounting points you'll have to modify them in order to bolt them onto your car because the frame is different.

What you're asking about is not a difficult to understand, I very much get what you're saying, I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts