Charger Forums banner

Which SuperBee would you buy/should i buy?

• 2007 Super Bee:Detonator Yellow

Votes: 31 29.2%
  • 2008 Super Bee:Surf Blue

Votes: 75 70.8%
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so apparantly the color of the superbee in 08 as you know is that blue. they call it surf blue on the invoice, and is supposed to be the same color as the caliber. they come in that color as well. as for the interior, it is supposed to be all black like the 07's witht just that different stitchin color to match the outside. and by the way does anybody know a dealer that has a superbee!? a 2007 model, i still want to put a deposit on one incase i do not like the 2008. however i was playing w/ that new my gig...its realllllllllllly coool. and apparantly the guy who owns all the dealerships including the one im buying it from is gettin one, with his gm, and me....pretty cool. (if i get that surf blue) anybody feel free to chime in. am i being silly by likin the 2007's??

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
haha theres a smile in that poll. oops

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
so apparantly the color of the superbee in 08 as you know is that blue. they call it surf blue on the invoice, and is supposed to be the same color as the caliber. they come in that color as well. as for the interior, it is supposed to be all black like the 07's witht just that different stitchin color to match the outside. and by the way does anybody know a dealer that has a superbee!? a 2007 model, i still want to put a deposit on one incase i do not like the 2008. however i was playing w/ that new my gig...its realllllllllllly coool. and apparantly the guy who owns all the dealerships including the one im buying it from is gettin one, with his gm, and me....pretty cool. (if i get that surf blue) anybody feel free to chime in. am i being silly by likin the 2007's??
$????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they arent marking it up for me that much, only 1,000$ so between 45-48k. if i dont buy it they are marking it up 10-15k

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
It all really depends on what color you like best. IMO things like Mygig aren't enough to justify waiting around for a more expensive car, especially when they're working on being able to put the new units in older models. To me the color is the big difference so that's what I'd base my decision on.
I was deciding between the same thing but in the end I just like the yellow better so that's what I went with.
So, my choice, yellow just because I like the yellow Bee better then the blue one.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Bonham Chrysler outside of Dallas still has some Bees. 4K under sticker.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The big difference, other than color, is the new interior. Just wait for it and you won't be sorry. Also, within 2 months, these will be selling for under msrp, just like the yellow bees.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hmm

Are the super Bees srt8, 6.1L engine etc?
I don't think you can get a Bee without it being an SRT8. It is afterall a ltd edition SRT8, special paint, graphics and badge only over the SRT8 - Right folks?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
If it is the blue one I seen at the auto show this year it is a great looking color

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Is it this one?

Attachments

·
Registered
549 Posts
Love the color in the above pics. I vote for the Surf Blue.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
they arent marking it up for me that much, only 1,000$ so between 45-48k. if i dont buy it they are marking it up 10-15k
Unreal. Dealers never learn. Who the hell would pay $10K-$15K over sticker for a Dodge (or any car for that matter in this market)? These Chargers depreciate like bricks as it is. Those dealers that held the Plum SRT-8's for over sticker are licking their wounds now, and are trying to sell them last minute below invoice. The blue is a cool color, but worth $10-15K more? I don't think so....the bee, other than the decals & color have nothing else over the other SRT-8's....and don't even mention the limited numbers...that means absolutely crap...as you can tell from the 2007's that are still available.

I will get the Steel Blue SRT-8 in February-March, below sticker like all the others will be.

Sorry for going on a rant here....I just hate dealers. So much. They ALL suck...I don't care how nice they are to you at the sale.

- Mark

·
Registered
338 Posts
^^^ I agree ^^^

That is a nice color, but not worth paying 10-15. Although the OP said on 1k over so that is not bad considering you would be one of the first in your area to have one... My 2 cents.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Chrysler web site says that the colour is B5 blue which was the bright blue designation in 1969. My 68 is Q1 which is ever so slightly brighter, probably because there is a little more metalflake in it. It still would get my vote. A car has to look impressive as well as perform because you can't always show them what it will do.

·
Registered
861 Posts
(if i get that surf blue) anybody feel free to chime in. am i being silly by likin the 2007's??
Yes B5 blue and Surf Blue share the same PQD paint code. The MYGig alone is worth the wait. Go Blue

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I will get the Steel Blue SRT-8 in February-March, below sticker like all the others will be.

Sorry for going on a rant here....I just hate dealers. So much. They ALL suck...I don't care how nice they are to you at the sale.
I'm with you Mark. Plus, by that time, there will be REBATES!! I got my Bee this past February for invoice minus the 1500 rebate at the time.

I have bought a lot of cars and trucks from a lot of dealers, and they are ALL con artists - every last one of 'em.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I love the yellow but the blue makes me wish I had another 40k to drop on a car; get the Blue Bee and post pics!

·
Registered
926 Posts
IMO Bee's are yellow and black. Not blue. How many blue bee's do you see in the wild??? They all look mostly yellow and black.

Also I would not pay over invoice either!!!!! You should NOT pay one penny over sticker at most. I got mine in Jan. for $2000 under sticker plus they went and got it for free and discounted the ext. warranty also. Do not pay over sticker to a greedy dealer.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts