Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
The interior is a real improvement over the current model for sure. Very upscale in comparison, I hope that the new antenna actually improves radio reception in more remote locations. As far as the new blue, I will with hold judgement til I see one at the dealer......

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Seats are cool, antenna not cool.... It looks like the HID headlights can and WILL be retrofitted...... I might go to the stealer today and special order one of those headlights to compare it with the actual headlights....

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
The antenna just doesn't go well with the Charger. I'm glad I got my Charger in 06. As for the HID's, it gives it a zombified look.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Here's my opinion from the pics:

1) Looks like the SRT-8 is getting all dark door panels. Good move. That is the number one complaint I hear from LX owners, especially after they see my Bee in person. The all dark doors and dash were the deciding factor in me buying a Bee instead of a purple Daytona or SRT-8. Unfortunately for all other Chargers it still looks like they are getting the two-tone.

2) The new gauges on the non-Srt-8 suck. I do not like the text or lines. Hopefully they leave the SRT gauges alone.

3) The new cup holder is not an improvement. I like the smooth transition of the old arrangement, and the hide-away feature.

4) Antenna. Do I really need to make a comment?

5) New ac/heat vents. Why? Could've used the development money somewhere else.

6) Blacked-out rims on the Bee are lame. It makes them look narrower. The unpainted ones look much wider, and tougher. The pic of the black SRT-8 doesn't have those rims, so hopefully that will be a Bee thing only.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I love it, styling looks a little different in the front as well. Illuminated cupholders though??? lol, Antenna sucks....

·
Registered
676 Posts

1) Looks like the SRT-8 is getting all dark door panels. Good move. That is the number one complaint I hear from LX owners, especially after they see my Bee in person. The all dark doors and dash were the deciding factor in me buying a Bee instead of a purple Daytona or SRT-8. Unfortunately for all other Chargers it still looks like they are getting the two-tone.

2) The new gauges on the non-Srt-8 suck. I do not like the text or lines. Hopefully they leave the SRT gauges alone.

3) The new cup holder is not an improvement. I like the smooth transition of the old arrangement, and the hide-away feature.

6) Blacked-out rims on the Bee are lame. It makes them look narrower. The unpainted ones look much wider, and tougher. The pic of the black SRT-8 doesn't have those rims, so hopefully that will be a Bee thing only.
I didn't notice much of a difference between that and the current Bee's tbh. I agree with everything you stated, except maybe the vents. If they wanted to change them I think they should have put the circular ones that you can aim in any direction, Mazda has them and a few others. Best vents ever imho.

The key and illuminated cupholders were cool, the rest doesn't do it for me :confused:

·
Registered
731 Posts
illuminated cupholders - I can not tell you how many times I was not able to set my beer down because it was too dark.......:lol: What's next, pink/purple lighting under the hood and under sides of the car. ????

·
Registered
110 Posts

X2 on all points.

I'm glad I got the '07.

·
Registered
628 Posts
i already commented on another thread as to why this antenna is necessary and oh so important, therefore, I prefer function over looks. All other Dodge cars have it, doesn't bother me. Used to, but not anymore.

As for the cup holders, I believe they're amazing. You guys complain when your little AC nobs don't light up, but when something that I personally use like 9 times a day lights up, its tacky, lol. Manufacturers can't ever please everybody.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Not impressed. I was worried the 08's would make me jealous but no worries now.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.