Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
I kinda like the antenna:) Glad I didnt keep holding out for a deep blue. :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
The antenna doesn't bother me. Looks like the interior appointments will have us all thinking about trading up:) I like the new instrument cluster for the Dodges.

Eric

·
Registered
857 Posts
The interior is a real improvement over the current model for sure. Very upscale in comparison, I hope that the new antenna actually improves radio reception in more remote locations. As far as the new blue, I will with hold judgement til I see one at the dealer......

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Seats are cool, antenna not cool.... It looks like the HID headlights can and WILL be retrofitted...... I might go to the stealer today and special order one of those headlights to compare it with the actual headlights....

·
Registered
731 Posts
I also do NOT like the antenna. The wheels on the Bee are not so great either with that black out look. Perhaps they did it to help hide the factory brake dust. ;)

·
Registered
193 Posts
looks like a big RC car witht hat antenna.....it breaks up the beautiful lines of the car which sucks.....

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
The antenna just doesn't go well with the Charger. I'm glad I got my Charger in 06. As for the HID's, it gives it a zombified look.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Here's my opinion from the pics:

1) Looks like the SRT-8 is getting all dark door panels. Good move. That is the number one complaint I hear from LX owners, especially after they see my Bee in person. The all dark doors and dash were the deciding factor in me buying a Bee instead of a purple Daytona or SRT-8. Unfortunately for all other Chargers it still looks like they are getting the two-tone.

2) The new gauges on the non-Srt-8 suck. I do not like the text or lines. Hopefully they leave the SRT gauges alone.

3) The new cup holder is not an improvement. I like the smooth transition of the old arrangement, and the hide-away feature.

4) Antenna. Do I really need to make a comment?

5) New ac/heat vents. Why? Could've used the development money somewhere else.

6) Blacked-out rims on the Bee are lame. It makes them look narrower. The unpainted ones look much wider, and tougher. The pic of the black SRT-8 doesn't have those rims, so hopefully that will be a Bee thing only.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I love it, styling looks a little different in the front as well. Illuminated cupholders though??? lol, Antenna sucks....

·
Registered
676 Posts

1) Looks like the SRT-8 is getting all dark door panels. Good move. That is the number one complaint I hear from LX owners, especially after they see my Bee in person. The all dark doors and dash were the deciding factor in me buying a Bee instead of a purple Daytona or SRT-8. Unfortunately for all other Chargers it still looks like they are getting the two-tone.

2) The new gauges on the non-Srt-8 suck. I do not like the text or lines. Hopefully they leave the SRT gauges alone.

3) The new cup holder is not an improvement. I like the smooth transition of the old arrangement, and the hide-away feature.

6) Blacked-out rims on the Bee are lame. It makes them look narrower. The unpainted ones look much wider, and tougher. The pic of the black SRT-8 doesn't have those rims, so hopefully that will be a Bee thing only.
I didn't notice much of a difference between that and the current Bee's tbh. I agree with everything you stated, except maybe the vents. If they wanted to change them I think they should have put the circular ones that you can aim in any direction, Mazda has them and a few others. Best vents ever imho.

The key and illuminated cupholders were cool, the rest doesn't do it for me :confused:

·
Registered
731 Posts
illuminated cupholders - I can not tell you how many times I was not able to set my beer down because it was too dark.......:lol: What's next, pink/purple lighting under the hood and under sides of the car. ????

·
Registered
110 Posts

X2 on all points.

I'm glad I got the '07.

·
Registered
628 Posts
i already commented on another thread as to why this antenna is necessary and oh so important, therefore, I prefer function over looks. All other Dodge cars have it, doesn't bother me. Used to, but not anymore.

As for the cup holders, I believe they're amazing. You guys complain when your little AC nobs don't light up, but when something that I personally use like 9 times a day lights up, its tacky, lol. Manufacturers can't ever please everybody.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Not impressed. I was worried the 08's would make me jealous but no worries now.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts