Charger Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered it on July 3, the day that my dealer said he was able to order a 2008 in the system. Finally got a production date. Holdup was apparently lack of mygigs! It's an inferno red, awd, RT 5.7l with protection and mygig with nav. I already have custom embroidered armrest cover, chip, tstat, exhaust, spoiler, and custom body color painted reverse sensing system ready to be installed. September 27th is the date of birth. Can't wait to post pics!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Congrats on the Charger....

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
man this cat is doing mods and the car isn't even BUILT yet?1?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? wow, you are gonna fit RIGHT in
Welcome to the forums, from Las Vegas!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Congrats and welcome from the Motor City.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
man this cat is doing mods and the car isn't even BUILT yet?1?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? wow, you are gonna fit RIGHT in
Welcome to the forums, from Las Vegas!
Thanks! Checked out your ride. Love the blacked out look. If I have the money to keep going with mods, it will have to be cai next and then I'd love to get some black wheels. Are yours powder coated or did you buy black ones? Now I have to pray that nothing has changed enough on the 08 to make my mods not fit. I know the chip can be hard to get jammed in there and I'm banking on the fact that they haven't changed anything. Same goes for exhaust. I'm pretty sure it won't be an issue.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
They gave me that as production date. They estimated October 10 as the latest it would get here. I had put a deposit on one that was built June 7 and they told me it would be here on June 22nd. When I called on the 22nd, they told me it had arrived on the 15th and they had sold it. Needless to say, I had a few choice words for them. I bring that story up not to get myself mad again but to give you a sense as to how long shipment takes. They usually say it's 2-3 weeks for shipment but in my experience it was actually one week. Ship and build are probably the same date. I doubt they build it and let it sit around very long. Ours are both probably going to be built that day and shipped out. Which one did you order?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Steel Blue dark grey int RT AWD MyGig my friend runs the dealership mine is coming to no deposit but they wont sell it on me cant you get them in trouble for that I have a wrangler that was just shipped yesterday also I'm in morris county NJ

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
to the forums from Northern Illinois!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Where in northern il? I have family out there and am contemplating a move out there.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My car is being born tomorrow!!! 9/27 is its birthday. Going to have to smoke a cigar. She'll be here soon...

·
Registered
474 Posts
Now I have to pray that nothing has changed enough on the 08 to make my mods not fit.
First off, welcome to the forum. Second, the one mod I'd be worried about is your armrest cover. If you go to Dodge's website and look at the interior pics of the 08 Chargers, you can see the center console has been redesigned slightly. Granted, I don't know for sure that it won't fit, but they look a little different. They took away the door that hides the cup holders, and have the lighted rings in them now. You are lucky in that you will also have one-touch up for both front windows as well. A nice convenience feature. Did you get HID's on yours? Those are available for 08 as well.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
First off, welcome to the forum. Second, the one mod I'd be worried about is your armrest cover. If you go to Dodge's website and look at the interior pics of the 08 Chargers, you can see the center console has been redesigned slightly. Granted, I don't know for sure that it won't fit, but they look a little different. They took away the door that hides the cup holders, and have the lighted rings in them now. You are lucky in that you will also have one-touch up for both front windows as well. A nice convenience feature. Did you get HID's on yours? Those are available for 08 as well.
Yes, you make a good point about the armrest. I actually had thought of that too recently. I think there's a small chance I could still successfully trim it and wrap it around. The only reason I have it is because I had ordered a 2007 and then the stealer screwed me by selling it to someone else. I'll sell it to anyone who has an r/t (that's the embroidery) if it doesn't look like it will fit. I did not get the hid's. I got just about every other option but they weren't that important to me. I got mygig/nav with auto dim mirror and uconnnect, protection group, awd. I'll post pics asap. they are saying it should be here end of next week so we'll see.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Sounds awesome. I'm sure you will enjoy it. Going to be a long wait for you though these last few days...lol.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee!

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
You Will Love It . Welcome to the Family!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts