Charger Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Charger R/T with 47,000 miles. Lately I've noticed that my power steering pump is making a whining noise at around 2500 RPM that gets more noticable as the RPMs increases. It's really noticable if I have the car in park, give it some gas and turn the wheel back and forth. Let me also add that I have checked the fluid (multiple times!) and the level is OK. My question is do these cars have a pump known for premature wear? Is it fact the pump and does it need to be replaced? The car has seen more than it's fair share of the upper end of the tach. Would this wear out a pump early? I'm just concerned that a pump would wear so soon. Any feedback or experience on this would be greatly appreciated. I'm driving to Florida in a few weeks with the kids and I'm wondering if I should replace the pump or should I look elsewhere for a problem. Thanks!

·
Registered
359 Posts
unless you are doing a lot of donuts its hard to kill these pumps.

If you are having no assist issues Im thinking the pump is still good. Check your hoses and make sure the routing brackets and clamps are tight.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
When you look into the resivior when the car is running, is the fluid stable or moving around? If its not stable you got a bad pump

1 - 3 of 3 Posts