Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just built a Standard R/T without R&T on the dodge website. I noticeed the following

- Looks like they come standard with somewhat upgraded seats and black interior

- New Wheels

Anyone else notice anything different?

Attachments

·
Registered
689 Posts
Looks like a few other options are now standard.. Heated seats are one.. Although I didn't see the EVIC as an option.. hmm..

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Goofy ass anteanna?

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
Goofy ass anteanna?
:yes: But maybe it improves on reception.

Or maybe it has something to do with this new option:

SIRIUS® BackSeat TV

...whatever THAT is!

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
Plus MYGiG with or without NAV!

·
Registered
689 Posts
The Sirius Backseat TV.... For the '08 Minivans, I know that you can get 3 channels.. all kids ones via Sirius. Prob be the same unless they are expanding the broadcasting

JK

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
looks to me like the headlights are the same, that everyone keeps saying wont bolt in to the previous model years for the projectors

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Here's the link to the google Cache on Sirius Backseat TV

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cach...4928955339+Sirius+TV&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

I tried going to the original sirius page but it didn't work

Notice on the page it says two small roof mounted antennas. I guess this new antenna we're seeing may actually be two antennas in one. So if you don't plan on getting backseat radio you can probably replace it with the older antenna.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
looks to me like the headlights are the same, that everyone keeps saying wont bolt in to the previous model years for the projectors
The SRT engineers never said the housings wouldn't bolt on they said the units are incompatible, so they're probably talking about the factory ballasts and bulbs. Meaning we should be able to get the new housings and use aftermarket ballasts and bulbs. But if the Xenon's come in the same housings as ours I'm going straight to ebay to buy some aftermarket bulbs.

·
Registered
964 Posts
i just tried to build an RT and an SRT but i cant find the option to add the HID projectors.. i thought it was an option..

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
i just tried to build an RT and an SRT but i cant find the option to add the HID projectors.. i thought it was an option..
i think they are going to fix the build it feature
theres a lot of messed up things
you cant add evic or anything or the popular equipment group
and you can only get HIDS with the R&T
which doesnt sound right

·
Registered
964 Posts
which doesnt sound right
yea i knew something was up... cause i saw the charger gallery on dodge.com and i saw a pic of charger with the projectors.. they look nice

·
Registered
772 Posts
I also noticed that the R/T with Road & Track no longer is a non limited daytona. No more upgrded exhaust. Pretty sure that is where the extr 10 ponies came from in previous years. Maybe they just forgot to list it. Oh, and no load leveling shocks.

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
yea tht dum anteena i like the rimsstock tho nice

·
Registered
202 Posts
Other Changes for 2008

I heard the Charger dash has changed for 2008, as well. But have not seen anything in print.
The biggest model to change is the Magnum!
It gets a new grille/frontend AND the SRT Magnum gets the Scooped hood, like we have on the Charger!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
which doesnt sound right
Yeh, their site is always rushed when a new vehicle is being put into the mix...They never complete it until another car is getting the spot light...When the Caliber came out, I went to check it out and the site was all jacked up.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The dash is different...

It looks like an all RFID key.

Speedo goes to 220

The shape of the dash is slightly different... not sure I like the new one. I need to go look at mine but I don't recall the square hump in the middle.

Overall I am glad I got an 07

·
Registered
171 Posts
I just looked.. the dash profile is WAY different. Not sure how it is in real life... but I like the 07 better in the pix... I could be biased though.

Oh... and they moved the Cruise Control stalk... but it doesn't look like they moved the turn signal up any so not sure why they did it... I am going to guess the interior matches the Avenger more now (I have never looked at an Avenger).

1 - 20 of 31 Posts