Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before anyone says it, yes I tried searching for it. Well, what I was wondering is if anyone knows if the 2008 nav system with the touch screen is going to be able to be bought and used on 2006 chargers. I really like the one I have now but if I could get the new one it would be so awesome. I looked at the pictures of the new ones and it looks like the bezel is a little rounder. Anyone got info on this.
:rockon:

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
????????:confused: :confused: :whistle:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
No.. You cannot use the 2008 nav on a 2006 charger. The bus (CanB or something.. i forget -- but it is easy to find out using a quick search) changed. The new nav will not work. That is too bad, because the '08 nav is much nicer. The big win is the real time traffic updates. The traffic coverage is still not great yet, but this is a huge growth area and, as coverage improves, the upgraded system become more valuable.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
There supposedly are two versions of the mygig. one to work on the newer 123k bus and one that works on the 78.8k bus. I forget the exact speeds but those are about it. We're on the slower bus. There are guys over at the 300cforums working on it. Also some guy started a thread a while ago trying to get people to convince PAC audio to develop an adapter for us.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I would imagine that traffic updates could be added to existing Nav systems as future versions of the software are released. I would love to find a site that explains the changes to new versions so I wouldn't have to buy a new one each year.
At first I love the thought of touch screen Nav but I hate to think of how dirty it would get.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
At first I love the thought of touch screen Nav but I hate to think of how dirty it would get.
Don't forget the mygig is also voice activated and the map data is stored on a Hard drive so much faster searches and mapping.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I would imagine that traffic updates could be added to existing Nav systems as future versions of the software are released. I would love to find a site that explains the changes to new versions so I wouldn't have to buy a new one each year.
I would definitely consider getting a screen protector for MyGig. You have probably seen the sticky transparent plastic film protectors for some phones (e.g., Palm Treo). You can get them for larger touch screens screens too.

I'd order about 3. That'd last for the life of the car.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Don't forget the mygig is also voice activated and the map data is stored on a Hard drive so much faster searches and mapping.
Yeah the hard drive would be an improvement. I'm not sure how much voice activation I want. Uconnect & Nav? I guess I'd have to see how the software was designed.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I would definitely consider getting a screen protector for MyGig. You have probably seen the sticky transparent plastic film protectors for some phones (e.g., Palm Treo). You can get them for larger touch screens screens too.

I'd order about 3. That'd last for the life of the car.
That sounds like a "must have".

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
hopefully they can get the whole problem solved soon with the new navigation systems. I would love to get one of those in my car. great looking system. I looked at one first hand it is soo easy to use and looks great!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
No.. You cannot use the 2008 nav on a 2006 charger. The bus (CanB or something.. i forget -- but it is easy to find out using a quick search) changed. The new nav will not work. That is too bad, because the '08 nav is much nicer. The big win is the real time traffic updates. The traffic coverage is still not great yet, but this is a huge growth area and, as coverage improves, the upgraded system become more valuable.
Just buy a avic-d3 or better, its all touch screen and has all the same features and plays dvds when you drive etc.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Just buy a avic-d3 or better, its all touch screen and has all the same features and plays dvds when you drive etc.
Except the D3 is DVD based navigation and doesn't integrate with Uconnect or the EVIC.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts