Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On virtually every car I ever checked, the child safety lock is a sliding tipped switch. On this car I see some white tab that looks like you need a pen to move? Is that right?

And please don't say its to stop the children from changing it. You're not supposed to set it in front of them in the 1st place, thats a parental 101 no-no.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Okay, I wont say it. Read the news, common sense isnt, and liability laywers are everywhere.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Well after 18 months I just realized that my driver rear door child lock is broken and has been since the day I bought it. No matter what position the child lock is in, the door can't be opened from the inside and its really retarded.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Whats retarded? The fact that it broke? Or that it took 18 months to find it? Mechanical things break when they do.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Okay, I wont say it. Read the news, common sense isnt, and liability laywers are everywhere.
Hehe I agree. So you are saying the design of the child safety locks really has been designed like that on purpose. But can you confirm that for the record? I honestly don't know if they are meant to look the way they do. I see a white plastic tab, that doesn't seem to look like it can move in either direction. And I'm just asking before I foolishly jab a pen around in there.

I just want to know if it is missing a lever or if it's meant to be changed with a pen (I haven't tried it yet)? It's a used car so previous owner might have did something. Eh, I'll take a picture for a good laugh.

Hopefully I don't have Liquidice281's problem, but I suspect I could. And GLHS837 cut him a break, he would of found out sooner if he had to transport kids or lil nieces or nephews. ;)

·
Registered
344 Posts
On virtually every car I ever checked, the child safety lock is a sliding tipped switch. On this car I see some white tab that looks like you need a pen to move? Is that right?

And please don't say its to stop the children from changing it. You're not supposed to set it in front of them in the 1st place, thats a parental 101 no-no.
Mine is an '08 and I use a key to change it or you can use the valet key.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Yep, not a pen, but your key.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Mine is an '08 and I use a key to change it or you can use the valet key.
GLHS837 said:
Yep, not a pen, but your key.
Yup. Thanks guys! Also the dealer never told me about the valet key embedded in the fob. I had to find that out for myself after fiddling with the remote and that odd slider on it. ;) I think they still can improve that and possibly etch a valet wording on there.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Wait, there's a valet key in the fob????

·
Registered
1,454 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
it´s not broken... and yes, you can disable or activate introducing your key or a pen or whatever... why? because some kids can manipulate when the door is open and don´t have any supervision maybe... is for safety

1 - 13 of 13 Posts