Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is kinda awkward but is there any news or information about the 2008 Charger SXT? I've heard and seen a couple of interesting features for the new R/T, but what about the SXT? Is there anything that is going to be changed?

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Since the black color is out of stock, the only colors that are available for SXT are Inferno Red, Tor Red and Stone White.
None of those colors is a substitute for a Black Charger (The fastest and quickest selling color); that is, if you really want a Black one. Judging by your signature....you have the Black Charger Blues. I suggest looking for a used Black HEMI, used Black SXT, or wait for the 08 [edited] Chargers.

Your wallet will thank you pick one of the first two that I listed. :grin:
Are you taking my advice? LOL!

I do not know about the 08 SXT's. For that, you might want to contact DCX. I seem to remember that a lot of people have called them before and had nothing but positive interactions with the staff. I am not sure, however, whether they already knew someone that worked there before calling or not.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Them taking away the autostick for SXT's in 08 really sucks...:(

·
Registered
686 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you taking my advice? LOL!

I do not know about the 08 SXT's. For that, you might want to contact DCX. I seem to remember that a lot of people have called them before and had nothing but positive interactions with the staff. I am not sure, however, whether they already knew someone that worked there before calling or not.
There's no way that I'm gonna buy a used car, not even a used R/T. And like I said, I don't think my parents are gonna finally agree to get me an R/T. So the SXT is my only choice for now.

I'm sorry and I don't mean to sound such an idiot, but who or what is an DCX?

You should buy a 07 SXT before they are all gone.
The 08 come with a 4 speed tranny.
Yeah, I was thinking of the same thing but is that the only difference with the 2008 SXT? It comes with a 4 speed tranny only? Well, if that's the case, then I better get a black SXT as soon as possible.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
DCX is Diamler Chrysler Corporation who is the company that brought out the Charger. Diamler Benz bought (stole) Chrysler Corporation back in 1998. They have screwed with them but did bring out a few good things, like our Chargers. Recently Diamler sold 80.1% of the Chrysler group to Cerberus Capital Management, L.P. They in turn have re-named the Chrysler Group to Chrysler LLC. Chrysler is now American owned again. :) Chrysler LLC vehicles consist of Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep. Now we need to use "Chrysler" again when describing any Chrysler vehicle. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DCX is Diamler Chrysler Corporation who is the company that brought out the Charger. Diamler Benz bought (stole) Chrysler Corporation back in 1998. They have screwed with them but did bring out a few good things, like our Chargers. Recently Diamler sold 80.1% of the Chrysler group to Cerberus Capital Management, L.P. They in turn have re-named the Chrysler Group to Chrysler LLC. Chrysler is now American owned again. :) Chrysler LLC vehicles consist of Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep. Now we need to use "Chrysler" again when describing any Chrysler vehicle. :)
Do you have their website address so I can contact them or is it Dodge.com, just to be sure?

Are you serious???????? Even on the 3.5L V6?:(

Edit: I did a web search and it's true.
Yeah, it is true. You better believe it, my friend. But who cares whether it's a 4 tranny or autostick.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Do you have their website address so I can contact them or is it Dodge.com, just to be sure?

Yeah, it is true. You better believe it, my friend. But who cares whether it's a 4 tranny or autostick.

You should care if you want a reliable transmission. The 5 speed isn't stellar but better than the 4.
The 4 speed won't have autostick and the shifts aren't as smooth.

·
Registered
102 Posts
New Chrysler going cheap in it's first step.
Not so fast.

The 5 speed was a Mercedes transmission, built by Chrysler in Kokomo, IN. Seeing as they will no longer be "sharing" this license, Chrysler is going to switch to a modified version of the Jeep 4 speed tranny to avoid the royalties.

At least this is what I've "heard"...

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Not so fast.

The 5 speed was a Mercedes transmission, built by Chrysler in Kokomo, IN. Seeing as they will no longer be "sharing" this license, Chrysler is going to switch to a modified version of the Jeep 4 speed tranny to avoid the royalties.

At least this is what I've "heard"...
That can't be entirely true. They are still useing the 5 speed auto for the Hemi's. :) It's what I call "cheapening of the product". Its sad they do that but they are trying to save every penny. Trouble is they are not saving anything by doing stuff like this. They are just making people shop elsewhere.

·
Registered
587 Posts
That can't be entirely true. They are still useing the 5 speed auto for the Hemi's. :) It's what I call "cheapening of the product". Its sad they do that but they are trying to save every penny. Trouble is they are not saving anything by doing stuff like this. They are just making people shop elsewhere.
I don't have a LX, but wants one (not really sure what I'm waiting for). But what attracted me to a "non-Hemi" model is the 5 spd auto. Last time I check, there are no large auto RWD American sedan, except for the LX. Our Honda Accord is a 5 spd auto. Now that you have it, you can't go back. Yes, if I was to get a 08 non V8, I may have to go elsewhere. 5 spd is not the only reason, but it's gotten more important with the price of gas, and moving 2 tons around.

For the Hemi guys, it's like Chrysler taking away the 5.7L and installing the 4.7L V8 from the Dakota truck. Wouldn't that be an insult?

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I'm sure there's plenty of new 07 SXT's out there, looking for a good home

·
Registered
102 Posts
it wasnt a 100% transition. the police 5 speeds are also still being produced.

theres a new plant going up just south of kokomo, that will eventually be making 6 speeds. its not a chrysler plant though, but a toll manufacturer. they might deal with the royalties for the hemis until this plant is running.

im not entirely sure, obviously. but theres always some truth behind rumor!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
08 AWD SXT will still have the 5 speed autostick.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts