Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i'm new the the forums and picking up my new to me super bee, its the 6.1 hemi, just wondering what is the best recommend tuner I could purchase is? And what your thoughts on it are?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Congratulations on the "new to you" Charger.
DiabloSport tuners are the de-facto standard. The best tune for the car will be a custom tune. The DiabloSport tuners have pre-installed tunes (aka canned tunes) but they are mild tunes and a custom tune will be much better. I used HemiFever for a email custom tune. You use the DiabloSport to do some data logging while you drive the car. You send the log file to HemiFever who will analyze the logs and email you a custom tune. You download the file to the DiabloSport and use the DiabloSport to install the custom tune to your car.
You can purchase the DiabloSport and a custom tune as a package from HemiFever. It's a little cheaper than buying them separately.

https://www.hemifevertuning.com/Default.asp

https://www.diablosport.com/

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome that is all I needed to know I was just looking into the diablo tuner and just wanted to see if it was the go-to,appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
If you order a tuner from DiabloSport (e.g. inTune i3), be aware there's two different models. There's the 50-state compliant and the Platinum-i3. If you live in California the 50-state compliant model is your only option and it does not support CMR software (custom tunes). If you're not in CA, and you plan to install a custom tune, then purchase the Platinum-i3 ... it does support CMR software.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay good to know, im in Alaska so no emissions or anything to be worried about
And in oregon aswell so nothing to worry about but I didn't know there was a difference so thats great to know. I plan on doing as much as I can to the car while still keeping it reasonable for the street, things such as small cam and injectors, exhaust CAI and the usual mods

1 - 5 of 5 Posts