Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a 2008 Charger RT on the dealer show room today......looked a little different. Here are few of the things i saw that were different and what the dealer said will be on the new SRT8...

1) RT had red stitching like the SRT8 on the seats..i dont know if the 07 had this....i thought only the srt8 had this...

2) had a roof mount removable roof mount antenna...looked european ..but nice feature

3) KEY FOB ......it looked like the mercedes key fob if anyone has seen one before....it had around 6 buttons that controled different features.

4) Remote auto start ....supposely standard on SRT8...nice feature...

5) dash looked different along with the speedodometer and tachometer....looked really nice

Out of the features i saw i really liked the key fob ....one thing i didnt notice is if the door had door key holes...since the key fob didnt have a actual key......

I bought my SRT8 a month ago and i only have 1300 miles on it...I think i should of waited for the 2008. When i was looking for a 08' the dealer told me that they were sitting on a lot in canada and havent been distributed to dealers yet and no one seemed to know when they would be released. I dont want to put a aftermarket remote start on mine and it cost about $500 to even have a dealer put it on ....and also with all the damn keys on my key chain i would of rather had a key fob. all in all i am happy with my 07' ...if you look at my signature you can see i didnt waste no time in fixing up my SRT8....

i would really love to see an event with nothing but chargers ....also i am really working on a magazine dedicated soley to chargers....i have been on the phone with dodge and they seem to be interested in supporting that idea...

so all you owners be prepared to get some pics and info ready because as a family we can make this a success ....if ford and chevy can have it ...why cant we?

take care

·
Registered
686 Posts
I saw a 2008 Charger RT on the dealer show room today......looked a little different. Here are few of the things i saw that were different and what the dealer said will be on the new SRT8...

1) RT had red stitching like the SRT8 on the seats..i dont know if the 07 had this....i thought only the srt8 had this...Nope same as 2007

2) had a roof mount removable roof mount antenna...looked european ..but nice feature Yes this is new , most here dont like it

3) KEY FOB ......it looked like the mercedes key fob if anyone has seen one before....it had around 6 buttons that controled different features. yup another new feature for 08

4) Remote auto start ....supposely standard on SRT8...nice feature... new for 08

5) dash looked different along with the speedodometer and tachometer....looked really nice yup new dash for 08

Out of the features i saw i really liked the key fob ....one thing i didnt notice is if the door had door key holes...since the key fob didnt have a actual key...... only drivers door and trunk have key cylinder , also the key fob has a key hidden into the end of the new fob-just incase you have a dead battery or fod dies . it slides out

I bought my SRT8 a month ago and i only have 1300 miles on it...I think i should of waited for the 2008. When i was looking for a 08' the dealer told me that they were sitting on a lot in canada and havent been distributed to dealers yet and no one seemed to know when they would be released. I dont want to put a aftermarket remote start on mine and it cost about $500 to even have a dealer put it on ....and also with all the damn keys on my key chain i would of rather had a key fob. all in all i am happy with my 07' ...if you look at my signature you can see i didnt waste no time in fixing up my SRT8....

i would really love to see an event with nothing but chargers ....also i am really working on a magazine dedicated soley to chargers....i have been on the phone with dodge and they seem to be interested in supporting that idea...

so all you owners be prepared to get some pics and info ready because as a family we can make this a success ....if ford and chevy can have it ...why cant we?

take care

·
Registered
277 Posts
The cup holders light up? And the console, door panels look different? Any one havegood pics?

·
Registered
277 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Actually, that key in the fob is mostly for valet purposes. You can lock your glove box, etc, and just hand them the little other piece.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Are the arm rests padded leather? Ok now I am jealous....this sucks..wanna swap door panels?

·
Registered
331 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
I want the Touch Screen Nav System in the 08's

1 - 12 of 12 Posts