Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone i just recently joined (today) and I've also purchased a 2008 Charger rt 5.7 from someone that lives near me (Dallas TX). He claims he has put a 392 stroker, 306 rear gears, 2800 stall etc etc... i'm not much of a genius with there motors but what do yall think about this? it sounds really good drives even better! he used to have a nitrous kit and was pushing 700 WHP with a wet 75 shot. To me, Makes no sense at all... any information yall can give me will help me out greatly and is much appreciated. thank you in advance!

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on the new-to-you Charger.
If it drives good ... enjoy it. The 392 stroker kit increases the cubic inch volume of the engine from the factory 345 cu. in. to a 392 cu. in. The stroker kit replaces the engine's lower rotating assembly (crank, connecting rods, pistons, etc...) to increase the stroke of the pistons in the cylinders ... thereby increasing the volume. The 3.06 rear gears help with acceleration (probably had the 2.65 gears). 2800 stall is the torque converter. It lets you foot brake, or line brake, and rev the engine to a higher RPM before releasing the brake. Nitrous 75 shot is another power adder. A wet shot is a fuel/nitrous mix into the intake tract ... rather than dry shot, which is straight nitrous into the intake tract. 75 shot is 75 HP and not extreme. May have done it to cool the cylinders/pistons as well as add HP. Sounds like he removed it ... that's good. There's more risk of backfire with a wet nitrous kit and this can damage the engine. Either he drag raced the car or was just an enthusiast who liked wrenching and having a serious street machine.
Did he install heads on the engine? 2008 MY was prior to the 2009+ Eagle engine (5.7L Hemi). The Eagle has improved heads and not prone to valve seat issues like the earlier 5.7L engines.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on the new-to-you Charger.
If it drives good ... enjoy it. The 392 stroker kit increases the cubic inch volume of the engine from the factory 345 cu. in. to a 392 cu. in. The stroker kit replaces the engine's lower rotating assembly (crank, connecting rods, pistons, etc...) to increase the stroke of the pistons in the cylinders ... thereby increasing the volume. The 3.06 rear gears help with acceleration (probably had the 2.65 gears). 2800 stall is the torque converter. It lets you foot brake, or line brake, and rev the engine to a higher RPM before releasing the brake. Nitrous 75 shot is another power adder. A wet shot is a fuel/nitrous mix into the intake tract ... rather than dry shot, which is straight nitrous into the intake tract. 75 shot is 75 HP and not extreme. May have done it to cool the cylinders/pistons as well as add HP. Sounds like he removed it ... that's good. There's more risk of backfire with a wet nitrous kit and this can damage the engine. Either he drag raced the car or was just an enthusiast who liked wrenching and having a serious street machine.
Did he install heads on the engine? 2008 MY was prior to the 2009+ Eagle engine (5.7L Hemi). The Eagle has improved heads and not prone to valve seat issues like the earlier 5.7L engines.
he says he did the heads and everything else i stated they look newer but not all that new and if he had done all this in the past 7 mo. they should look way newer maybe he just hustled me on that part, long story short i fixed the oil leak it had from the rear main seal as i had the transmission down i looked into the pan from the dipstick tube and the oil was milky ?? if the lines dont run into the radiator what could of happened??

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
i
looked into the pan from the dipstick tube and the oil was milky ??
I assume you're referring to the transmission? The NAG1 transmission is sensitive to moisture/water in the transmission fluid. Outside moisture/water could have entered via the dipstick tube. Check the dipstick tube connection to the transmission housing for a tight seal. There's the potential for water to enter through the tube because of a defective O-ring. Best to install a new O-ring and change the transmission fluid & filter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE: i changed the fluid gasket and filter yesterday and drove it for a while last night and an hour this morning, so far im happy and pleased to say its working just fine, in about a month or so im going to do it again to make sure we got most of the yucky old fluid out and hopefully shes ready for a crazy build, thank you to Djalbin and everyone else for their input and opinions!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts