Charger Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car went into limp mode one day while sitting at a light. Ended up doing spark plugs, coils, injectors and a fuel system clean. Originally had a code for cylinder 1 misfire and injector code for cylinder 1. Now after changing all that it has a rough idle and hesitates when you hit the gas after letting off. It now has codes for fuel system too rich bank 1 and fuel system too rich bank 2. It gets worse as the car warms up. I am going insane. I would appreciate any input please!!

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
The PCM (powertrain control module) uses the upstream O2 sensor signal to determine the correct fuel trim. If the O2 sensor indicates a lean condition the PCM will increase the pulse-width of the injectors to add fuel. If the O2 sensor indicates a rich condition the PCM will decrease the pulse-width of the injectors to reduce fuel. The other components used to manage the AFR (air fuel ratio) are the MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor and the EVAP Purge solenoid. The other item to check is the fuel pressure to see if fuel pressure is too high (bad fuel pressure regulator). Fuel pressure should be constant at 58 psi (± 5 psi).
Also check the air intake manifolds (upper/lower) for any air/vacuum leaks.
These two codes (P0172, P0175) also store Freeze Frames when they log the codes. If your scanner supports reading Freeze Frames you can look at them to see if there's any additional clues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The PCM (powertrain control module) uses the upstream O2 sensor signal to determine the correct fuel trim. If the O2 sensor indicates a lean condition the PCM will increase the pulse-width of the injectors to add fuel. If the O2 sensor indicates a rich condition the PCM will decrease the pulse-width of the injectors to reduce fuel. The other components used to manage the AFR (air fuel ratio) are the MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor and the EVAP Purge solenoid. The other item to check is the fuel pressure to see if fuel pressure is too high (bad fuel pressure regulator). Fuel pressure should be constant at 58 psi (± 5 psi).
Also check the air intake manifolds (upper/lower) for any air/vacuum leaks.
These two codes (P0172, P0175) also store Freeze Frames when they log the codes. If your scanner supports reading Freeze Frames you can look at them to see if there's any additional clues.
I really appreciate the info. I do have o2 sensor codes now. Think I’m gonna change all them out and go from there. Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts