·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I sure hope someone can help me!!
2008 Charger 5.7l police edition
Over heating issues.
List of NEW parts installed

Heads, head gaskets, water pump, (2) fans, thermostat, reservoir, radiator, temperature sensor. All new

Now the reservoir is broiling hot and steaming severely. With radiator cap on or off. I'm at a loss.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
What kind of temps are you seeing? Your gauge seems to be right in the middle of the scale. Is that not normal?

What kind of coolant are you running, and at what mixture?

What's the pressure rating on the radiator cap? Have you replaced it?

Have you tested the fan relays?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure on the actual temp. Standard coolant for dodge pre mix.

I just replaced the cap with a new one an hour ago. Seems to be pressuring better. It's 18# cap.

Still running temp in middle. The fans are kicking on.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
There is no "standard coolant for Dodge". Your car should have come from the factory with HOAT (check your owner's manual to be sure). In 2013, FCA switched to OAT coolant, and the two are not compatible.

If your temp gauge isn't going higher than the halfway mark and you haven't measured it any other way, there's no reason to think it's overheating.

You may have just had a bad radiator cap.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
You can, and if you didn't drain/flush what was in there before, you probably should.

It's hard to say for sure if coolant mixing could be responsible for your issue, especially since you've never really verified that it's overheating at all.

If it were me, I'd check it with a cheap temperature gun, and if operating temps are normal, see how things go with the new cap.

If you see signs of sludging (in your reservoir, for example), I'd definitely flush the system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts