Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Absolutely do it

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious but I've got a 2006 and a 2008 charger with the 2.7l in it I think the worst motor ever built by dodge. Also have what's left of a 2015 charger with the 3.6l in it how hard and what changes wold need to be made to put the 3.6 in the 06 or 08? Anyone have any idea or done this swap out?

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Scourt:
You will note a lot of lookers, but as yet no replies to this topic. This idea has been absolutely beaten to death. No offense, as there are no dumb questions. A bit of searching would kind of let you see what I speak of.

The '06 and '08 are of the same generation, so if the project were mine, and I really wanted to do something with e Gen 1, I would focus on getting the '08 on the road. Anything from the '15 will not work easily with either of the other 2.
I would use what I could from the '06 for the '08, and then sell what is left of that, along with the useable pieces of the '15 to help finance the project.

Know up front though, that you won't make any money, and when you are done, you will still have a 12 year old Charger worth book value if you are lucky.

Another option, would be to find a '14 or '15 Charger 3.6L with a bad trans or engine, and use those pieces from your '15 to bring it back to life. Again, selling the other 2 to help fund that. I prefer the newer body styles, so this option would be my choice if I were in your shoes, and desired a project.

Don

Reactions: CtCarl

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Probably be easier to find a 4.0 from the older Nitro/Pacifica/Caravan and stuff that in there if you really want to do some hot rodding.

Trying to stuff the 3.6 in there will be really challenging and costly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts