Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My SXT with 34000 miles started exhibiting this strange behavior about a year ago. Maybe once or twice a week, after driving it for 15-20 min and coming to a stop, it would go into limp mode and barely have power. Shutting it OFF and ON would make the problem go away until next time. I pulled a code P2767 - Input shaft speed sensor 2 circuit no signal

Has anyone had this issue? what was the solution? I've read a lot of threads where people would replace the sensor and the problem was not solved. Called a few shops around, one shop refused the job as it's "too complicated". Another shop told me he has worked on this problem before and could not resolve it. What's the deal here?

Something that is making me wonder. This started happening about 6 months after I installed an aftermarket battery (Deka Intimidator AGM). I read through one thread where a person had exact same problem. Dealer changed out all the sensors and the problem was not resolve until they found out his battery was damaged.

Registered
Maybe change your 馃攱. Start there.

Registered
2007 ... which transmission (NAG1 5-speed)?
As suggested have the battery load tested to make sure it's good.
If it's the 5-speed transmission the problem could be the supply voltage to the sensor, sensor circuit, the sensor, TCM (transmission control module) or the wiring harness/connectors between the TCM and the sensor.
The speed sensors are mounted on the conductor plate that's mounted on the valve body in the transmission. Replacing the conductor plate includes the sensor and sensor circuits.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is the NAG1 transmission. One mechanic I spoke with suggested to replace both sensors to start with. Is it better to replace the entire conductor plate with the sensors?

Registered
Replace the conductor plate and both input speed sensors come mounted on the plate. I believe the only way to replace the input sensors these days is to replace the conductor plate (i.e. the sensors can not be serviced separately).

Input speed sensors circled in red.
Electrical wiring Cable Gas Wire Machine

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So a shop is quoting me $550 to change both of the sensors. Is this job doable without a lift? I've seen a couple of videos on swapping out the conductor plate and it's pretty straight forward. I'm not sure swapping out the sensors alone will even fix the issue.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seems like I would be able to do this on just two jack stands to give me enough space and use a floor jack to support the transmission. Just watched a couple of videos on this job and it looks pretty straight forward. My only question is, how much transmission fluid do I need for this job? is it full 6 qrts?

These are the videos

Registered
I'm not sure swapping out the sensors alone will even fix the issue.
I don't think you can purchase the sensors separately anymore. I think they only come on the conductor plate.
how much transmission fluid do I need for this job? is it full 6 qrts?
The Service Manuals says 5 liters (5.3 qts) and then check fluid level to see how much more is needed (probably to avoid overfilling).

To check fluid level on a NAG1 5-speed you need the correct length dipstick with the 10mm markings on it. You also need a way to check the fluid temp; typically a scanner or the temp info from the instrument panel (EVIC).
Start engine and let it run at idle speed in selector lever position "P".
Shift through the transmission modes several times with the vehicle stationary and the engine idling
Warm up the transmission, wait at least 2 minutes and check the oil level with the engine running. Push the dipstick into transmission fill tube until the dipstick tip contacts the oil pan and pull out again.
The transmission Oil Dipstick has indicator marks every 10 mm. With the transmission in Park, determine the height of the oil level on the dipstick and using the height, the transmission temperature, and the Transmission Fluid Graph, determine if the transmission oil level is correct.
Check transmission oil temperature using the appropriate scan tool.

Note: The true transmission oil temperature can only be read by a scan tool in Reverse or any forward gear position. This is because the Park/Neutral switch and the fluid temp sensor are wired in series. If the transmission is in Park/Neutral the fluid temp will be reported to be the same as the engine/coolant temp.
Slope Rectangle Line Plot Font

Reactions: MrLeftCoast
1 - 8 of 8 Posts