Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an SE with the 3.5L to save money, but I do like the crome look in the SXT. This video is what my all black dash looks like. I have purchased the SXT dash and shifter bezel so I can add more bling to my SE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrxHThwrUkQ

New video to come after I have installed the SXT parts.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Removing the radio bezel was much easier than I though. The part around the shifter was easy as well. My Calibers parts were in tight. The plugs in the back remove fairly easy as well. The only dificult part was the small screws holding in the air cond. knobs. They are small and in a tight place, so to get a big enoug tool into them to turn had to be small enough to fit. With pacience I got it done. Video soon.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Banned
18 Posts
niceeee.........

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just ordered the parts from an SXT and installed them. They are over priced, but worth it.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
See, my SXT came with the flat black shift bezel. I really want a silver one.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Mine did too and I also want the silver shift bezel though it is not a top priority since it blends in with the rest of the console well.

Charger250, do you want some chrome crosshairs for the front on your car?

·
Registered
47 Posts
The silver dash looks great. Seeing the video makes me think I need some floormats with the Dodge logo on them.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was rather expensive, over $100.00. All it takes is money.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mine did too and I also want the silver shift bezel though it is not a top priority since it blends in with the rest of the console well.

Charger250, do you want some chrome crosshairs for the front on your car?
I have been thinking about it. My budjet is about tapped. I may ask for a quote, but I am affraid of the cost. I did find after reading the Mopar service manual the cover around the gage cluster is removable, and I can get one with the silver painted on it. I may try that as well.

I did not get the SXT because it was so much more money. I did get the 3.5L. When I get brave, I will ask for a quote on the front silver part. I like all the silver / crome stuf on my Caliber R/T, but on the Charger I dont mind the exterior of the SE. I did want the door bump gards, which I tried to get the dealer find me one with that on and he could not, so I may see if I can get them. It was only a $75.00 part when purchased with the car.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have got a couple of pm's so I though I would post the following.

It is simpler than you may realize. Any part you want can be purchsed through parts. The guy I get my parts through sometimes needs a VIN to help research. I have an SE, so when I want an SXT part, I tell him to look on the lot for an SXT and he find the part I want. I got the radio / air panel, silver, and the shifter knob. I wanted the dash part for the gages, but the price is way to expensive for me at this time, but it is available. Basically anything you want can be gotten through your service department. If you go and get a mopar oil filter, the same place you can get dash parts, etc.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So, if you want a superbee logo on your 2.7L SE, just go to parts and they can order it. What ever you want, just be prepared to pay the excessivly high service part prices. My plastic dash parts were $75.00-$200.00 each. depending on which part you want.

On my caliber I wanted the blue dash to match the car, but becaus I got the YES seates which has factory stain proffing, it matched the dash to the silver of the seat. I called parts, and they ordered a blue dash part as a replacement part. Expensive, but worth it.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
just goto a dealer and get the part number
then come home and search for it online
noone should pay full retail for parts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Here is a place that will give you a discount on Mopar OEM parts.
www.makeitmopar.com

Ironically though I am looking at taking off my silver bezel to swap it with a red one.:grin: I just don't know how soon I will be doing that.:(

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Here is a place that will give you a discount on Mopar OEM parts.
www.makeitmopar.com

Ironically though I am looking at taking off my silver bezel to swap it with a red one.:grin: I just don't know how soon I will be doing that.:(
If/when you do that and decide to move the silver one, please PM me. Getting my black piece replaced is a low priority but if one becomes available I'll snag it.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
If/when you do that and decide to move the silver one, please PM me. Getting my black piece replaced is a low priority but if one becomes available I'll snag it.
It may be a month or three before I do. I want to swap it out for a TorRed Daytona bezel since it is the closest to my Inferno Red. My wife bought a Caliber 2 weeks ago and it has body colored bezels and I really like the look. I am holding my breath that I can find one for less than the $180 dealers cost but I will PM you when I put one on.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It may be a month or three before I do. I want to swap it out for a TorRed Daytona bezel since it is the closest to my Inferno Red. My wife bought a Caliber 2 weeks ago and it has body colored bezels and I really like the look. I am holding my breath that I can find one for less than the $180 dealers cost but I will PM you when I put one on.
If she had gotten yes seates, the dash would have been silver. That is what happened to me, so I replaced my silver dash with blue. It really looks nice.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
If she had gotten yes seates, the dash would have been silver. That is what happened to me, so I replaced my silver dash with blue. It really looks nice.
I don't know what yes seats are. All I know is her Caliber has body matching dash and body color inserts on the seats. If I could do both to my Charger without having pay a house payment or two I would be in heaven.:grin:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts