Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone has any idea how long Dodge will keep the Chargers on the line? Will there be a 2007 Dodge Charger??

·
Registered
600 Posts
Definatly til 2010

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
milkdud99 said:
Definatly til 2010
They're making them until 2010??

·
Registered
600 Posts
Coreyviper said:
They're making them until 2010??

I herd DXC plans on keeping the body of the Charger, Magnum and 300 until 2010

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow. Ok thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102900

Chrysler 300, Dodge Magnum, Dodge Charger

With the June launch of the 2006 Dodge Charger, the Chrysler group's full-sized car line is complete. So for the next several years, the automaker will only tweak the Charger, Dodge Magnum and Chrysler 300.

For example, shortly after the launch of the 2006 models, the company will upgrade the standard automatic transmission on some models. A five-speed automatic transmission will replace the four-speed automatic in Chrysler 300 and Dodge Magnum models equipped with a 3.5-liter V-6. Models with the 2.7-liter V-6 will continue to have a four-speed.

The Chrysler group will expand its performance line this fall with the 2006 Charger SRT-8, equipped with a 425-hp, 6.1-liter Hemi V-8 producing 420 pounds-feet of torque. Also this fall, two police vehicles will begin production: the 2006 Charger with the high-speed pursuit package, and the Magnum, available as a support vehicle.

The 300, Magnum and Charger will be restyled and re-engineered for the 2010 model year.
So there you go, they are around at least that long.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Man this is the best part of the article I like,which will make me trade in my charger srt-8 that I don't have yet :happy: Dodge's Mustang fighter

Chrysler group executives can't ignore the success of the 2005 Ford Mustang.

They are considering developing a rwd coupe based on a shortened version of the LX platform. That platform is shared by the Chrysler 300, Dodge Magnum and Charger. It is scheduled to be re-engineered in 2009 for the 2010 model year.

The Chrysler group plans a concept showing the styling direction for such a car, an insider says. The concept may be called Challenger, resurrecting a respected name from the pony-car era. Earlier this year, Dodge trademarked the name Challenger. The 1970-74 Dodge Challenger competed against the Mustang.

A Chrysler group insider says a production version of the vehicle is not in the product plan through at least 2010. But other sources say Chrysler management urgently wants a Mustang-fighter, debuting around the 2010 model year, maybe sooner.

One major issue is where it could be assembled. The sole LX plant is filled with 300, Magnum and Charger production.

If the concept is a hit at auto shows, expect the Chrysler group to revisit its product plan quickly.

The Chrysler Firepower concept hints at the styling of a Crossfire redesign.

Chrysler Crossfire, Firepower

The two-passenger Chrysler Firepower concept was a star at this year's Detroit auto show. The sleek coupe signals the likely styling direction for a Chrysler Crossfire redesign, possibly for the 2009 model year.

Chrysler group executives describe the Firepower as a potential rival to the Chevrolet Corvette. They say they will decide at the end of the year whether to produce the concept.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Man I am so happy that DCX has finally pulled it all together. At this rate they could take the top seat as the biggest seller of cars in the US. I see big things for them in the future.

Later

·
Registered
832 Posts
GoofyGuy said:
I hope not. I hope its only the 06s and let the resale SOar.
:confused: Why would you want to sell your charger?

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a question i know nothing about these cars and my boyfriend wants to buy one what makes them so special compared to like oh sports cars like mustangs or corvettes? he always wants something better will they come out with a better charger or a new car all together in the near future? should he wait a year or so? i just want to help him make a good decision of something he is gonna want to keep for a while not trade in? please inlighten me i'm lost. some of this stufff really doesn't make sense to me

·
Registered
3 Posts
The fact that you are asking is reason enough to put you on the "coolest girlfriends of all time" list. To answer your question, yes, there will eventually be a better Charger, but not any time soon. Some of the thrill of owning a car like this (even if they can improve it) is the intrigue and the eye-catching power it has. Even the VW New Beetle had its 15 minutes of the new-kid-in-town attraction.

The Charger is no doubt an awesome car. It is like the coolest amusement park ride ever - power, style, speed, and seats for your kids in the back. That is where the Charger actually has an advantage. And although it has been criticized for having four doors instead of two, but I like it that way. Now I can feel good about my family cruiser without having my identity-crisis two seater.

But as far as an all-new Charger, that won't happen for sever years. There will be improvements next year just like any other car. I can't see more horsepower, but it could happen. There could be minor style changes and a better gizmo or gadget next year. But the first year gets more attention than any other and it is worth foregoing any minor chages in the future.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
or it could be like the Avalanche were they deleted items here and there every year hoping no one would notice.... damn bean counters....

·
Registered
832 Posts
jimmygreen said:
The fact that you are asking is reason enough to put you on the "coolest girlfriends of all time" list
Yea, right under the girl that has a charger, and the girl that will buy you a charger :grin:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts