Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a '07 Charger SE. It has just over 200k KM on it. And it is intermittently not turning over. Some guess injectors, others, fuel pumps. Another, starter relay. I'm just wondering if anyone here has had the same problem? It WILL crank, and will eventually turn over on the second key turn, or if I hold my key forward for a few seconds longer(I have also put the pedal to the floor, and I'm not sure if that helps it start or not). Before I send my car to the doctor, and have to spend a bunch of money diagnosing it. I would like to see what others experience is here.

Here is the type of engine I have: EGG-3.5L V6 High Output 24V MPI

Thanks!

·
Registered
490 Posts
When you say "turn over", do you mean start/fire or crank? If it turns over all the time just fine, check the battery since it may have enough to spin it, but not fire the plugs. Check major connections at battery, starter, and solenoid too.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I spray it with starting fluid. If it fires immediately, check the fuel pump and rail pressure.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Definitely check the fuel pressure. You could try "priming" the fuel pump by turning the key to the "on" position, but not attempting to start the car, then turn it off and on a couple more times. If it fires right up after the priming, there's a fueling issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts