Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2007 Charger that originally had the 2.7L engine/w 4 speed transmission. I purchased a 2007 3.5L engine/w 5 speed transmission that came out of a 07 Chrysler 300. I was wondering if this is possible. The new engine came with a wiring harness but my original harness has a different configuration for and I am wondering if I have to change the tranny as well as the computer. It may end up costing more than it is worth. Hope to hear from someone soon as my car is sitting at the repair shop right now and the mechanic is hesitant to proceed.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I don't have the answer but I know there are a few threads on 2.7 to 3.5 swap. Maybe you can pull up some tech answers using the search option.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure if I am just the unluckiest guy or what but my swap is not going well. I bought a 07 Dodge Chrarger with the 2.7L engine locked for $700. I thought the swap would be smooth but didnt do enough research. I bought a 07 3.5L engine off of Ebay for $1450 with 84k miles. This came out of a 5 speed car RWD. The engine bolted to my 4 speed with no problems. However the wiring harness did not match. I found a wiring harness out of LQK U pull for 20 bucks. The problem is the alternator connector wasnt the same configuration. So I soldered on the original connector instead of swapping the alternator. I changed out all of the aforementioned items like ac compressor etc. I was able to get the car started but the car is revving up on it's own and the speedometer shows that it it is running 60 mph while the car is in park. So far the car is throwing two codes P0660 and I cant remember the other but it has something to do with low voltage. I'm thinking my issue is the alternator. The P0660 code is because the new wiring harness only had one connection for the the intake motor connectors that sit one the front and my intake has two. So I found an intake at LKQ for $30 bucks that had only one. The code is still there. Not sure if I need a PCM flash or what. Basically this is proving to be a tougher and costly exercise than I anticipated.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I'm confused about the alternator connection being different. When I research the alternator for 2007 with the 2.7, the alternator part number is the same as a 07 with the 3.5.

So what car did the wire harness come out of that you needed to change the connector. I wonder if the harness is wired (pinned) differently at other connections.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts