Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased a Dodge Charger used from a car lot. It ran fine for about a week. All I did to the Charger was add a Cold Air Intake. I can't really say before or after I added the CAI is when the whining/shifting issues started. It doesn't jerk around alot, but seems to hang sometimes. Also, it whines during acceleration. The sound doesnt really go away. When I drive on a cold start, the sound is non-existent. Suggestions?

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
I just recently purchased a Dodge Charger used from a car lot. It ran fine for about a week. All I did to the Charger was add a Cold Air Intake. I can't really say before or after I added the CAI is when the whining/shifting issues started. It doesn't jerk around alot, but seems to hang sometimes. Also, it whines during acceleration. The sound doesnt really go away. When I drive on a cold start, the sound is non-existent. Suggestions?
How many miles are on the car? Is there any inclination of when the trans fluid and filter were last replaced?

Friction Modifiers in the fluid will get cooked out and cause the transmission to act erratic, hesitate, bump stops, hesitations between shifts and gear whine are all pointing to a transmission that needs some TLC with new fluid and filter.;)

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
transmission that needs some TLC with new fluid and filter.;)
I took to dodge dealership and they said it could be the altenator or power steering pump. They said tranny fluid was full and they smelled nothing burnt. What do you think about that? I do hear the bump stops if you are referring to a single clank while im sitting at a traffic light after stopping, and i would imagine that the altenator or PSP would do that. And it def whines and sometimes the gears hang, but im thinking that it might be normal and im being paranoid.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i bought a used 06 R/T and couldnt tell that the transmission was burnt cause the traction control /esp / abs lights were on. so it was a mess and i decided to buy the car anyway. let me tell you what a bag of lemons this has been. nothing but fun in the sun my friend. i am on my 3rd transmission. i bought the tranny from a salvage and they gave me a 1yr parts and labor warranty on it. looks like i made some new friends. thats all i gotta say. good luck with yours.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts