Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2007 charger is stuck in park, after researching and contacting Dodge they said its a known issue but unfortunately my model/VIN is not covered warranty is only for certain models. What??? The dealer wants to charge me $350-$500 to fix, does anyone know where i can find the part I need or how to get it repaired for a cheap price?:info-smilie:

·
Registered
875 Posts
Some folks repair it with a cotter pin by drilling out the spot of the break and inserting a cotter pin to hold the spring. Check out post 19 in the thread below when you search for it. There is a youtube video also I think.

My pink thingy finally broke...

Griz

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Broken Shift Interlock latch (pink thingy)

Some folks repair it with a cotter pin by drilling out the spot of the break and inserting a cotter pin to hold the spring. Check out post 19 in the thread below when you search for it. There is a youtube video also I think.

My pink thingy finally broke...

Griz

Great thanks so much for all the replies, this was the case also found a few good youtube videos that shows how to fix, ordered an aftermarket part for about $20 from Amazon is manufactured by Dorman part# 924-706 its made from an alloy so its more durable, I will install it when it arrives next week.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem, i went to dodge and they said my shift interlock cable went, $78 part, so it wasnt that bad of a deal, i just shimmied the interlock cable to the drivers side and it came unstuck. until tomorrow when i take my charger into dodge, ive just parked in neutral with the footbrake.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
I have the same problem, i went to dodge and they said my shift interlock cable went, $78 part, so it wasnt that bad of a deal, i just shimmied the interlock cable to the drivers side and it came unstuck. until tomorrow when i take my charger into dodge, ive just parked in neutral with the footbrake.:bigthumb:
No, tell them to look up Customer Satisfaction Service letter code K39
Should be a free fix for u

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Here's some info on the
Customer Satisfaction Notification K39:

Transmission Shifter Interlock Lever

2007 (LX) Dodge Charger, Magnum and Chrysler 300
NOTE: This notification applies only to the above vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission and a floor console transmission shift lever built from June 25, 2007 through September 21, 2007 (MDH062500 through 092113).

2005 - 2007 (LX) Dodge Charger, Magnum and Chrysler 300
NOTE: This notification applies only to the above vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission, a floor console transmission shift lever and had a Mopar Service replacement shift lever installed through June 24, 2007 (MDH 062423).

The transmission gear shift lever interlock return spring hook on about 28,800 of the above vehicles may break. A broken interlock return spring hook will result in the inability to move the gear shift lever out of the “PARK” position.
A new interlock lever must be installed into the transmission gear shifter.

Lee
US Top Care
Chrysler Grooup LLC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts