Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only have 450 miles on my virgen 5.7 and the other day I was challenged by an annoying tin can sounding ricer and got the car to aboput 105 until i realized wait a minute this car hasnt even been broken in yet. Will i face the consequences of this later on since i plan on keeping this car for at least 5 years? Whats the typical break in period for this car some people told me 1000 others 2000 im confused. Also when shouldi change my oil for the first time i heard at 1500 and a new oil filter to get out any of the loose shavings from the engine that were left in there during the manufacturing process.

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Owners manual say no wide open throttle from a stop for the first 300 miles. Nothing other than that in the manual, and the dealer didn't even tell me about that. I don't think one run to 105 is anything to worry about.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Like mech said, no WOT until after 300 miles, so you should be fine at 450 miles.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Romp on it good and hard one time. Seems like these new motors don't need the long break-ins of the past. Although I did take it easy for a while just in case. One good hard run can't hurt, just make sure you're good and warmed up first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.