Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 charger SE 3.5l bone stock
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I’m having some major electrical issues with the car and this code seems to be my biggest foe, as I don’t have much automotive electrical knowledge. The code B212D is for the ignition run only input circuit open. I’m also getting code p0480 for the cooling fan 1 control circuit malfunction. What does that mean for me, what do I need to do to to correct these issues? When checking the relay sockets in the IPM, which positions should have power and which should be grounded? Again I’m not well versed in this area but I’m always willing to learn. Many thanks and very much appreciative in advance to those who respond.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
B212D is for the ignition run circuit. It could be the ignition run relay or the ignition run fuse (both in the rear trunk fuse box). Fuse assignments change over the models but 2007 is probably fuse #28 for the ignition run fuse.

P0480 radiator cooling fan relays and fuse are in the front engine bay fuse box.

Fuse Box Diagram Dodge Charger (2006-2010)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ll check the fuse and see if it’s blown or not, but from what I remember it isn’t. I checked all of them with fuse tester within the last week and had none that were blown. However, I don’t have power to fuse cavity #28,39,41,42,43, or circuit breaker #3. How would I go about diagnosing that?

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Some equipment is not connected directly to the B+ (battery) circuit but instead is connected through the ignition switch. These circuits do not have power unless the ignition switch is On (either Run/Start or Acc).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked the front and rear PDC with the key off, key on engine off, and engine on. i still yield the same results which is beyond me. Is it possible that the multi-function switch in the steering column could be there culprit? the fuses that aren't receiving power do have ground so i dont think its a grounding issue more or less.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts