Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Debating on Dual in and Dual out MagnaFlow...VS...Exhaust Depot system or Zoomer system...I know its a little lacking in power, but everyday driving through my city and great gas mileage makes it worth it for me... I would still like some good growl and maybe a boost in performance... Recommendations other than a different charger :grin:

·
Registered
528 Posts
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29633

Here is a link of what I did to my 2.7. I went to a good muffler shop and had it built from scratch. Many people are surprised when I tell them it is a V6. It sounds really good and added performance, just by changing the exhaust. The only thing I think you could do and maybe gain a little more than I did, is use 2 1/4 inch tubing instead of the 2 1/2" I did. I have a supercharger on my car and knew I wanted the added breathing room. If you plan to stay stock with maybe an intake, a little backpressure will help you with torque.

·
Registered
73 Posts
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29633

Here is a link of what I did to my 2.7. I went to a good muffler shop and had it built from scratch. Many people are surprised when I tell them it is a V6. It sounds really good and added performance, just by changing the exhaust. The only thing I think you could do and maybe gain a little more than I did, is use 2 1/4 inch tubing instead of the 2 1/2" I did. I have a supercharger on my car and knew I wanted the added breathing room. If you plan to stay stock with maybe an intake, a little backpressure will help you with torque.
Am i reading this right...you say you have a supercharger on your 2.7? Can you please post some pics and give me more info on this...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Debating on Dual in and Dual out MagnaFlow...VS...Exhaust Depot system or Zoomer system...I know its a little lacking in power, but everyday driving through my city and great gas mileage makes it worth it for me... I would still like some good growl and maybe a boost in performance... Recommendations other than a different charger :grin:
I just went with the Magnaflow single muffler with dual inputs and outputs and it great!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
65hp at 4.5psi...can our engines safely handle 8psi without internal work? should give the 3.5 around 110hp at 8psi. but if properly tuned, if a tuner comes out for the v6, how much power can we expect? 300hp?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
65hp at 4.5psi...can our engines safely handle 8psi without internal work? should give the 3.5 around 110hp at 8psi. but if properly tuned, if a tuner comes out for the v6, how much power can we expect? 300hp?
With the low compression ratio of our engines, we could safely boost up to about 10psi. The problem being that we don't have the tuner available YET to compensate for the fuel and HAL. Hopefully the DiabloSport guys will think about this with their tuners.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the advice, glad to hear that I can still get a boost even with 2.7L. You guys are helpful and the responses are quick! Keep up the Mods and time to spend some $$ on my Mean Charger

·
Registered
528 Posts
With the low compression ratio of our engines, we could safely boost up to about 10psi. The problem being that we don't have the tuner available YET to compensate for the fuel and HAL. Hopefully the DiabloSport guys will think about this with their tuners.
actually our engines are not that low compression, the manufacturer of the supercharger says 8 psi is the limit and you need to add water/meth or an intercooler to run that high.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Damn I didn't know we had a supercharger available.I only have intake and exhaust. Time to start saving that green.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
actually our engines are not that low compression, the manufacturer of the supercharger says 8 psi is the limit and you need to add water/meth or an intercooler to run that high.
I stand corrected :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
i also got the blasitin bobs kit. sounds great, not too loud...goes good with some cai. and inexpensive. call him up, he was very helpfull

1 - 20 of 24 Posts