Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Sorry for the long post bc I wanted to give some background.

Have a 2006 3.5L charger. Its been a great car to me but in the last couple months has really been acting up. In mid April I had the ABS, EPS, and BAS lights come on. It was throwing the following codes:

C1035: Right Rear Wheel Speed Comparative Performance
C1049: Right Rear Wheel Pressure Phase Monitoring
U1409: Implausible Left Front Wheel Speed Signal Received
U14013: Implausible Left Rear Wheel Speed Signal Received
U1409: Implausible Right Rear Speed Signal Received
U1414: Implausible Rear Wheel Distance Signal Received
P1004: Short Runner Valve Control Performance

Anyway, mechanic replaced my rear right CV half shaft assembly and rear right ABS wheel sensor and that resolved the dash lights. But I've noticed that my car still just doesn't feel the same. Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7o3Wih7LAg

There are 3 possible issues and any advice regarding any of the 3 would be greatly appreciated. My biggest concern is regarding issue#3 which is the difficulty the car seems to have when accelerating, especially from a stop. It just doesn't seem to have the power it once had and it seems like I have to floor it just to get it going. You can't really hear it in the video but it also doesn't sound like it used to when I'm accelerating- sounds "girly" like an electric car or something rather than like a "manly" muscle car.

Also, don't know if this matters at all but since my repairs in April my check engine light has come on about 3 times. Each time it happened when I was trying to pass someone on the highway and the code that was being thrown was that P1004. Each time I had to remove the short runner valve and clean it and that did the trick. Currently, there is no check engine light.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have the same issues for 1 and sort of 3. No check engine lights tho, and mine is a 2010 charger 3.5 and I'm at 77k miles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i dont have a check engine light now either, just figured id add the info in case it helps. anyone else have any thoughts?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone else? would prefer to be able to do it myself and not get raped if i have to take it in to get looked at

1 - 4 of 4 Posts