Charger Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Information I learned today from the Dodge rep. setting up the Dodge exhibit on the circle in downtown Indianapolis today. They are having all of the Dodge NASCAR teams, signing parties etc. They have 3 concept vehicles as well. Those are the Magnum SRT-8, Viper GTS Competition Coupe, and the Charger Concept from 1999.

I asked many questions regarding the 2006 Charger and here is what I was told. First, “there will be a drawing of the production version released in a month or so”. I asked about what it will look like and this is what he said…”it will have styling ques from this concept”, but would not elaborate, “he did say it will have the mean nose look of the Magnum SRT-8”. I asked will it be boxy like the Magnum SRT-8 and he said “it will be more boxy than that, pointing at the concept, but not like the Magnum. He said it was just awesome, take my word for it, it will blow away the Detroit Autoshow!” As everyone knows, the production version will be unveiled at Detroit in Jan 05. According to this rep “The car will go into production the first of April, in showrooms mid-late May. IT WILL BE 4 DOOR. Estimated cost 28K-36K depending on equip. The SRT-8 version will be out about 6 months later”. When asked if they will make a 2 door, the answer is ultimately, but probably not until at least a year later. When asked if it would be available with manual, the answer was “that is a good question”. He said probably not out of the shoot, but the 5sp Automatic would be available. Of course the SRT-8 would be available with the 6sp. He also said that it has no retro look, but would not displease those old muscle car fans. I asked surely it will have more gear than the Magnum, he said you can bet on it.

Of course the information is only as good as the rep, but lets hope for the best. I have already started my 2006 Hemi Charger savings account.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts