Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Daytona sitting idle in my garage. I thought it would only be there a month or two. When I parked it I filled the tank and DIDN'T add any stabilizer. That was about 8 months ago.

I'd like to get the gas out of the tank and use it in other equipment and add new stablilized gas.

I inserted a 1/2" OD hose into the tank as far as I could (about 2.5 feet) and couldn't feed it in any further. At this depth it still isn't reaching the gas!

Does anyone have any thoughts of how to get the gas out??

Thanks in advance,
F

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Just drive it.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
8 months in a garage? Just drive it until it's down about 1/2 tank and add fresh fuel to top it off. Then drive it to near empty and fill it again. The gas isn't going to change enough in 8 months to matter. No real reason to add stabilizer unless you are planning to let it sit for a year or more. Keeping the tank full during storage is the most important part.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
8 months in a garage? Just drive it until it's down about 1/2 tank and add fresh fuel to top it off. Then drive it to near empty and fill it again. The gas isn't going to change enough in 8 months to matter. No real reason to add stabilizer unless you are planning to let it sit for a year or more. Keeping the tank full during storage is the most important part.
Thanks for the information...

I thought that gas these days started going bad after 30-45 days.

The car isn't registered or insured so I'm hesitant to take it on the road. What would the pros / cons be of adding stabilizer now? Without being able to mix the additive, it would probably all just float to the top or sink to the bottom though...

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Thanks for the information...

I thought that gas these days started going bad after 30-45 days.

The car isn't registered or insured so I'm hesitant to take it on the road. What would the pros / cons be of adding stabilizer now? Without being able to mix the additive, it would probably all just float to the top or sink to the bottom though...
It won't be as fresh after 30-45 days, but it will still run the car a year later. You want the stabilizer mixed when you put it in, so won't do a whole lot of good to add it now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts