Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 15 years Ive decided I'm in desperate need of replacing the original Stereo. I don't wish to change anything about the interior façade and Orange Bezel. Can anyone recommend a unit that fits in perfectly so I could retain the original look but have modern audio technology?

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Probably could plug your info in at crutchfields site.

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
After 15 years Ive decided I'm in desperate need of replacing the original Stereo. I don't wish to change anything about the interior façade and Orange Bezel. Can anyone recommend a unit that fits in perfectly so I could retain the original look but have modern audio technology?
Whats the stock head-unit display size?

Does it have factory nav capabilities? If so, do you wish to keep them?

Is the audio system powered by a factory amplifier?

Do you have audio controls on the steering wheel?

You don’t have to reply with all that info, but you should at least have it handy when stereo shopping, as what kind of head-unit you have to buy will depend upon that stuff, not to mention which accessories you’ll need to make that head-unit work in your car.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whats the stock head-unit display size?

Does it have factory nav capabilities? If so, do you wish to keep them?

Is the audio system powered by a factory amplifier?

Do you have audio controls on the steering wheel?

You don’t have to reply with all that info, but you should at least have it handy when stereo shopping, as what kind of head-unit you have to buy will depend upon that stuff, not to mention which accessories you’ll need to make that head-unit work in your car.
It is completely original from 06. No Navigation. I dont believe there is an AMP. I do have steering wheel controls. Thank you, looks like i have research to do

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
It is completely original from 06. No Navigation. I dont believe there is an AMP. I do have steering wheel controls. Thank you, looks like i have research to do

copy this link and paste it into your internet browser’s address bar, then add your car’s VIN onto the end of the link and hit <Enter>.

NOTE: the VIN should be in all CAPS, no lower case letters allowed.

That will return your car’s build sheet as a PDF file that you can view and save and print, etc.

Anyway, once you have that build sheet, go through all the listings and look for anything related to the car’s audio system. Base Audio, Sound Group I/II, etc. are the types of things you are looking for.

Once you know which audio package the car was built with, you can determine the various components in it that will be relevant to upgrade decisions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts