Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

My name is John and I am a Marketing Representative from the Dodge Information Center. I just wanted to make myself available to you all in case you had any questions regarding the 2006 Dodge Charger. If you do please feel free to ask!

I also wanted to know if anyone has heard about the Unleash Your Freak contest going on right now at Dodge.com? You can enter for your chance to win a brand new Charger! Visit the Dodge website for more details.

Thanks for your time,

John B.

·
Registered
410 Posts
John:

Can you clear up two items for me?
1. What is the current average delivery time on a Charger RT?
2. When will the Protection Group option be available>?

Thanks

·
Registered
175 Posts
DodgeInfoCenter said:
Hello Everyone!

My name is John and I am a Marketing Representative from the Dodge Information Center. I just wanted to make myself available to you all in case you had any questions regarding the 2006 Dodge Charger. If you do please feel free to ask!

I also wanted to know if anyone has heard about the Unleash Your Freak contest going on right now at Dodge.com? You can enter for your chance to win a brand new Charger! Visit the Dodge website for more details.

Thanks for your time,

John B.
John: Since a lot of us on this forum have ordered, and received our VON on September 7th for the Charger SRT-8, what is happening? It seems that 99% of us are frozen in the "BX" Assembly Line Status Code. Are these Charger SRT-8's being produced? Did Production start on September 19th as were scheduled to be?
Secondly, on the "Unleash Your Freak" site, when we click and go to the Dodge Site, the SRT-8 pricing still states, "Coming Soon". Seeing that the pricing was released on September 7th to all your dealers, can we expect this type of information delay on your "Freak" site as well? :confused:

Thanks,

Roger M.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hello John,

I am not sure you can answer this, but my question is regarding the colors of the future Daytona's. Will there be 2 new colors after the gomango and top bananna? When will they let us know what these colors are and when will they be available for order?
I really am frustrated with the colors available. I don't think the "marketing" plan of releasing only 2 colors a year is very good. The reason I say this is
(speaking about myself), because I will never pay for a color that I don't like, especially when I know other colors will be out in the future. The strategy works against selling the car. Also figure in the competion will be playing catch up and will have had time to release their products such as the retro syle Camaro SS and the future retro looking GTO. I know DC will lose sales to them, possibly even mine. My favorite car has always been the Dodge Charger ('69), but it's alot to ask of us loyalists to buy a car which
1. doesn't really capture the old "look" which we all love.
2. Then make us pick a color which is really not what we all would have wanted.

really off the wall question here
Any chance of a redesigning just the front, to make it '69 ish.
If this was done the rest of the car resembles the charger enough
to capture a "modern" '69 charger! It would be nice!
Thanks

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
CHARGERMARC said:
Also figure in the competion will be playing catch up and will have had time to release their products such as the retro syle Camaro SS and the future retro looking GTO ...
Are those just unsubstantiated rumors or do you have proof of that? I'd like to see some concepts, if you got em.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
John B.
You opened up a can of worms. Good luck. Your e-mail, voice mail etc. should be about full by now! (Thanks for giving us a contact at Dodge)

·
Registered
832 Posts
DodgeInfoCenter said:
Hello Everyone!

Thanks for your time,

John B.

I think we all have visited the dodge site more than we visit our mothers :wink: but i did the build a hemi and didn't get squat so i think i will sit this one out.
Ultimate Question: Manual? :yes: :no: thats all i need

·
Registered
87 Posts
I read about both and saw pics ( sketches ) of the camaro ss in one of the 3 major car mags. Sorry I can't give you the exact one, but it was in the begining section.

·
Registered
4 Posts
John,

My question is regarding the MP springs Stage 1 available through DC. Would installing these springs void or change the Manufacturers warranty? They are going on a 2006 Charger RT w/o the RT perf group

Gary

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello again everyone!

Hsmith1, the standard wait time for ordering a vehicle is 6-8 weeks. There are other factors that could push this envelope out a bit, such as some parts not being available, or the demand for the vehicle exceeds the current production rates. Since the addition of the 3rd shift at the Brampton Assembly Plant the wait time for the LX vehicles has been brought back to the norm. I can’t say with any certainty whether there is still a hold on the Protection Group. I’m still looking into it, but if you want to find out if there’s any holds on your particular vehicle call 1-800-992-1997. That’s the Daimler Chrysler Customer Assistance Center; if you provide them with either your VIN or your VON they can tell you if there are any holds.

Roger, From the information that I’ve been able to gather it looks like the Charger SRT-8 production did start and is well on its way. Some of you may experience a delay in your production because it is a limited production vehicle, so it may take a little longer.

I’m not too sure where you saw ‘coming soon’, but I looked in the rules and the price for the Charger SRT-8 is stated in there. If you can find it again and let me know I will forward it on and have it looked into.

ChargerMarc, At this time Dodge hasn’t released the color or colors that are going to be available on the Daytona Charger for 2007. Although Dodge held an event at Dodge City in Dayton a few days after the Daytona 500 when the Chargers were unveiled. There were some polls conducted to see what your favorite Classic Daytona Muscle Car Color is. 20,000 votes were cast and Plum Crazy came in at number one, followed by TorRed and Go ManGo. This isn’t a promise that you’ll be seeing Plum Crazy or TorRed next year, but Dodge does value customer input.

Considering the Charger was JUST released, it’s very unlikely that you’ll see a dramatic redesign in the very near future. You may be able to find an aftermarket kit that will give you the look you’re trying to attain though.

Thanks for the well wishes Hemiready, and your welcome for giving you our contact information.

Ronracer, As it stands right now we do not have a manual transmission that is compatible with our LX platform. I know that some of you aren’t too keen on the idea of the Autostick, but the Charger’s set up to hold the gears longer. I would definitely recommend taking one out for a spin if you haven’t done so yet.

Gary, I spoke with a representative at the Daimler Chrysler Customer Assistance Center and they said that if you change out your springs it will not affect your warranty. Unless you have suspension issues down the road and it’s determined that it was caused by your new springs. Other than that you seem to be good to go. Enjoy your lowered ride!

Well I think I covered everything, sorry about the really long post. If any of you have anything else to ask please feel free to do so.

Thanks,

John B.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Thanks for all the info... we appreciate any information since DC Customer Service doesn't seem to know ANYTHING when you call them. :mad:

Perhaps you can tell us exactly why all of the SRT-8 vehicles that were in D status have been moved back to C status??

I can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone else at DC or my dealer.

·
Registered
459 Posts
ok, my question???? :whistle:

TOP BANANA!!!!!!!

When can we order??? :cry:

·
Registered
832 Posts
SSoooo? can we get some answers? :neutral:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
At this time I still do not have any information regarding the SRT-8 production, or anything holding it up. As soon as I do have more information I will definitely share it with all of you.

As for Top Banana information; I have been told that the ordering system for the Go Mango has closed. The system hasn't opened up for the Top Banana yet, but it isn't due to begin production till November some time.

Also the Unleash Your Freak promotion for the Charger R/T is going to happen tomorrow. There will be an hour window for you to register to win the R/T. So Unleash Your Freak tomorrow to win!

Sorry I don't have much information for you guys right now, but as I get it I'll pass it along.

Thanks,

John B.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
DodgeInfoCenter said:
As soon as I do have more information I will definitely share it with all of you.
Thanks!

DodgeInfoCenter said:
There will be an hour window for you to register to win the R/T
Based on the countdown clock on that site, the registration will begin at 1:00 PM EDT tomorrow and end at 2:00 PM EDT.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Unleash Your Freak game website is not working. Have clicked on "Play The Game" and nothing happens. Anyone else having problems?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Says to "Login or Register"...?? Don't see any way to login or register.

Anyone else able to "Play The Game" ??

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
mine is flipping out on me....the web site flickers, so i am having problems also...the countdown is cool...it would be way too cool if someone on this site won the charger......moparfan cross your fingers.....that should hold you over till the srt8 comes in....

1 - 20 of 77 Posts