Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else have these codes present at the same time? P2111, P2122, P0642, P0198, P0335. Car cranks for 3-5 seconds and then starts. It is idling at like 2500 rpm and seems to be running very lean, and has pretty much no throttle response. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
That's quite a collection of codes. Start by having the car's main battery load tested. Check the condition of the wiring harness/connectors. Check the PCM mounting bracket and wiring harness/connectors.
P0335 - crankshaft position sensor circuit
P0198 - engine oil temp sensor circuit
P0642 - 5V supply circuit voltage is too low
P2122 - accelerator pedal position sensor
P2111 - electronic throttle control unable to close

P0642 could be the primary code. The PCM provides the 5V supply to the various sensors and the sensors send their signals to the PCM. If the 5V supply to the sensors is too low the sensors may not being operating correctly and the signals being sent back to the PCM may be affected.

Reactions: Snapon2004

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I think that is what started my problem. The car sat for a while and the battery went bad. It was jump started multiple times and that is when my issue started. I replaced the battery with direct replacement and was hopping my issue would go away. Same issue, when I turn the key on the throttle valve cycles, but when I test voltage I am only getting 2.5v on one side and the best I can tell 0 volts on the other side. I can't find the wiring diagram for the throttle valve or the PCM.

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
Keep an eye out for critter/harness damage, A car that sits, especially in the country, is a prime candidate for it.

Don

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
when I turn the key on the throttle valve cycles, but when I test voltage I am only getting 2.5v on one side and the best I can tell 0 volts on the other side.
The Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) Motor in the throttle body is controlled by the PCM. The DC motor located in the throttle body drives the throttle blade.
Just after key On, the PCM tests the ETC Motor by opening and closing the Throttle Plate before starting the engine. If during this test the Throttle plate does not return to the closed position P2111 is logged. Even in the closed position the throttle blade is open slightly.
The ETC system uses two Throttle Position Sensors (TPS) to monitor the throttle blade position. The TPS Sensors 1 and 2 are located within the throttle body assembly. The voltages of the two TPS sensors should be opposite of each other.
The voltage for TPS 1 should start at approximately 0.7 volts and increase to approximately 4.3 volts.
The voltage for TPS 2 should start at approximately 4.3 volts and decrease to approximately 0.7 volts.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Rectangle Gesture Font Office equipment Parallel

Slope Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Everything matches except the brown wire on my charger is white with a brown stripe. Shouldn't matter, because all of my wires line up. Does anyone know where to get this plug/pigtail?

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Everything matches except the brown wire on my charger is white with a brown stripe.
This diagram probably matches your wiring harness.

Module - Powertrain Control
Rectangle Font Slope Line Parallel

Rectangle Font Number Screenshot Parallel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts