Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona Edition and I keep getting a Cylinder 2 Misfire code. It only happens every other time I do a cold start on the car. I have replaced the spark plugs, coil pack, and all 8 injectors on the car and I’m still getting the code. Not sure what else could be the issue?

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
If you have the cross-wire cabling the cables connect a coil on one cylinder bank to a spark plug on the opposite cylinder bank (see image below). So check coils and ignition wires for both cylinders 2 & 3. Also check the condition of the spark plug cables/connectors.

SPARK PLUG CABLE RESISTANCE

·
Registered
419 Posts
If the ignition checks out, it could be the lifters. Sadly if it is the lifters then the camshaft might need to be replaced. How many miles? Was there a noticeable tick?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@sleeperhemi06 No there is no tick at all. Car drives perfectly fine, all that happens is that every other cold start it misfires for a split second right when I start the car. My car has 140,000 miles

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have the cross-wire cabling the cables connect a coil on one cylinder bank to a spark plug on the opposite cylinder bank (see image below). So check coils and ignition wires for both cylinders 2 & 3. Also check the condition of the spark plug cables/connectors.
View attachment 299932

SPARK PLUG CABLE RESISTANCE
View attachment 299933
Ok I’ll definitely look into this, thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts