Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first time posting. I'm wondering if there's existing wiring for the optional sub, and what size fits, I know I seen a precut speaker hole on top of the back seat in between the two main back speakers. Hopefully this isn't too confusing

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hi, this is my first time posting. I'm wondering if there's existing wiring for the optional sub, and what size fits, I know I seen a precut speaker hole on top of the back seat in between the two main back speakers. Hopefully this isn't too confusing
I highly doubt this as it would mean active current was going through wires that are not connected to anything, just hanging around.

·
Registered
155 Posts
If you take off the cover on top of your trunk. You will see the wires for your sub/6x9s. they are taped up under the sub cover and its really sticky. To remove the trunk lid thing just lay on your back in your trunk with your feet hanging out and look up. There will be like 6 pins you need to pop out and the top part comes out. There you will see the wiring for the 8" sub, if you even have the wiring there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So only way to know if there is speaker wire there for it is to open up? Also would it work more like a sub or a speaker?

·
Registered
679 Posts
I thought the only sub option for 2006 was the 10" kicker in the corner like this

·
Registered
366 Posts
I thought the only sub option for 2006 was the 10" kicker in the corner like this
Na. When I went to install my sub I saw there was a little 8" installed in between the other rear speakers.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Mine is the factory 7 speaker Boston acoustic system. Sounds good but I am thinking about upgrading

1 - 9 of 9 Posts