Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Daytona Top Banana with the original sat nav unit, the question is; Has anyone upgraded to the MyGig with Sat Nav, if so how easy and what do I need:

REN \ RER?
Low Speed Bus \ High Speed Bus?
New Bezel (even though I already have the Nav?)
I have uConnect and the VES - will these still work?

I understand the LockPic thing I just need to know if I'm getting myself into a world of pain trying this and how standard will it look when finished?

Does anyone have pictures?

Does anyone have the actual dimensions of the fronto of a MyGig?

Lots of questions (did I miss any?) all help is appeciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
You need the low speed bus, lockpick, satellite antenna extension, nav antenna (if you want it) Uconnect mic or adapter cable, and depending on your current radio, possibly a lot of patience to modify the bezel. There is a thread already on this in the first page of the audio section.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Your MyGig will NOT fit into your bezel with the stock (REC i think? maybe im wrong---theyre all the same to me haha) nav unit you have in the 06. The nav unit you have is a double din, while the my gig is much more compact (din and a half maybe?). One option for you is to get a 2006-2007 bezel made for the regular radio head unit, and then modify it by widening the hole as wide as the cutouts for the knobs, and i believe increasing the height just a hair. Its quite a task from what ive heard and read.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
erhard \ bugsy - huge thanks for the reply - I have to admit to being a chicken and going with the Pioneer AVIC-Z3, I want to be able to put everything back to stock if I ever decided to sell the car (unlikely). I got the unit, BlueTooth adapter, Steering Wheel adapter harness, Canbus harness, Bezel adapter, antenna adapter, sirrius adapter. Basically everything should just plug in without lots of modifications to bezels etc.

So thanks again - and I will post pics of the new mods when they come in - hopefully next week.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
No problem...that sounds like everything. Good luck and cant wait for pics!

·
Registered
769 Posts
I actually have a 2006 Torred Daytona and updated my stereo to the mygig rer. Its great and the lockpick is really easy to install. maybe a 2 or 3 out of 10 in difficulty. but as far as your bezel goes, since you have the one made for the nav it is way to big you can get an adapter but it will not look stock. I had the one with the regular radio and just trimmed it a bit and it looks like it came from the factory. Good luck and I will try to post pics later.

·
Registered
444 Posts
did you have to cut wires and add the mygig connector to them ???
cos the lockpick is not built for my 6 cd mp3 stereo from the factory (the shape and size of the back harness is different) i was wondering whether to cut them or not ???

·
Registered
76 Posts
did you have to cut wires and add the mygig connector to them ???
cos the lockpick is not built for my 6 cd mp3 stereo from the factory (the shape and size of the back harness is different) i was wondering whether to cut them or not ???
Absolutely not. No cutting of wires is required. You MUST buy the Coastal ETech's MyGig adapter to get the Mygig to work on your pre 2008 car. The hardest part is modifying the bezel for the radio.

Bruce

·
Registered
444 Posts
first pic is of the unit in my car....

this is the back of the unit

this is the connector cable that came with the mygig unit

this is the lockpick V2 with extra multimedia cables

this is the comparison of the difference between my stock conector , mygig connector and the place where they're supposed to go on the lockpick adapter

so where have i gone wrong ???? what can be done ???
thanks...................

1 - 13 of 13 Posts