Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am selling my all original 2006 Daytona Charger, number 1497 of 4000 in GoMango. This car is in brand new showroom condition with only 5400 miles on the clock. Never in the snow or rain, never in an accident, perfect in and out. It still smells new inside! I have the original wheels and tires with only 1200 miles on them. All options including sunroof, rear DVD, navigation, power everything including pedals, just no U-Connect. The exhaust has been slightly modified by removing the rear resonators and replacing them with custom-made resonators and 1971 Dodge Charger tips. I still have the original resonators as well. The only other mod to the car is I had the rear wing painted body color...other than that it is all stock. Adult driven, no burnouts, donuts etc... (I'm 65). This is like buying a brand new car back in 2006. Selling price is $18,750.

I own a video production company, so of course I had to produce my own ad...check it out
https://youtu.be/6nNMcG_xM3M

Also more photos can be seen here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j2a75er8fk8gqsl/AAD7GI15pAMgx7KXCJhI3WtSa?dl=0

Call Don with any questions: 248-425-6289

Attachments

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
I'll be curious to see if you get anything close to that ambitious asking price. Best of luck!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Going to pass this to couple MOPAR fans/friends not on this forum. One comment - you make reference to exhaust mods that includes adding "71 Charger tips". Clueless what they look like. Neither in your video (very nice ,BTW) or your picture album do you have a clear view that captures the entire rear of your car = what the tips look like + another, enhanced look at the body colored wing.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree...I am dropping my price to $18,750. This car is like buying a brand new car...never any burnouts or abuse. Adult driven only.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
$14k would be pretty light for a 5000 mile car. Here is a listing for a 2007 Plum Crazy Daytona with 52k miles at $19,900.

Dodge Charger Daytona R/T . I Bought New, Never seen winters. Has every option except rear T.V. 52K

Price $ 19,999
I also see another 2006 Daytona with 89k miles for $13,500. I think my new price at $18,500 is pretty fair. The car is showroom new. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
193 Posts
In all fairness the price seems legit to me
I just paid 10,000 for a 2007 SRT 8 with 161000 on it
but had a dealership rebuild on the 6.1 27,000 miles ago
which is still MORE miles than this one.
not crazy about the color but you get what you get

·
Registered
207 Posts
this is a bad ass car.

·
Registered
207 Posts
12 year old car, in perfect condition: $8K tops per Edmunds.com used car appraisal

sorry

This is the dumbest thing i will read all day... not only that u had 5k tops there first and changed it lol... this is a 12-15k car all day everyday.

not only that KBB starts in at 11k for private value.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
This is the dumbest thing i will read all day... not only that u had 5k tops there first and changed it lol... this is a 12-15k car all day everyday.

not only that KBB starts in at 11k for private value.
KBB is what the bank uses for loan purposes, Edmunds shows what people actually pay. You can spend your money the way you want, but $18K is nuts for a 12 YEAR OLD car!

It's actual value to me is ZERO..I would never buy a valve seat dropping 06 model (or any 06-10 model) as the plastic PT Cruiser interior is a major turn off. If you gave me one I would turn around and sell it the same day...maybe to you for $11K.

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
KBB is what the bank uses for loan purposes, Edmunds shows what people actually pay. You can spend your money the way you want, but $18K is nuts for a 12 YEAR OLD car!

It's actual value to me is ZERO..I would never buy a valve seat dropping 06 model (or any 06-10 model) as the plastic PT Cruiser interior is a major turn off. If you gave me one I would turn around and sell it the same day...maybe to you for $11K.

lol.. its a limited edition numbered car.. lol...u just keep with your 6 bangers bud... they suit you.

·
Registered
207 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Hey, I liked our PT Cruiser! Its still on road with nearly 300,000 miles! (Rust has been an issue being a rust belt car though)

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
The car is beautiful, but the first thing I'd do is replace the tires. I would not trust 12 year old tires at highway speeds. When I ran track days, they would not allow you on the track with tires over 7 years old, and that was pushing the limit.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Hey, I liked our PT Cruiser! Its still on road with nearly 300,000 miles! (Rust has been an issue being a rust belt car though)
My son is still driving my wife's old 2008 PT Cruiser, it only has 175K on it and is still "presentable". It turned out to be a very handy car for hauling stuff around.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts