Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

My 2006 Dodge Charger SXT V6 3.5L seems to have developed an intermittent issue with a sudden a loss in power, oil light, check engine light, ABS, EAP/BAS lights come on along with a chime, and the car is in limp home mode, and I think the car is in 2nd gear and very slow. The last two times this happened, I was making a slow left hand turn and after the turn is completed, the problem occurred and I drifted off to the side of the road. Two restarts later, things went back to normal with just a check engine light on

I ran the codes on the car and got the below:
P0700 Mod $00 -Transmission COntrol System (Malfunction Indicator Lamp Request) - Confirmed
U0001 Mod $00 - High Speed COntroller Area Network Communication Bus - Confirmed
U0103 Mod $00 - Lost Communication with Gear Shift Module - Confirmed
U0141 Mod $00 - Lost Communication with Body Control Module A - Confirmed
U0121 Mod $01 - Lost Communication with Anti-Lock Brake System Control Module - Confirmed
U0002 Mod $01 - High Speed COntroller Area Network Communication Bus - Confirmed
U0100 Mod $01 - Lost Communication with Engine Control Module / Powertrain Control Module "A" - Confirmed
P0700 Mod $00 - Transmission COntrol System (Malfunction Indicator Lamp Request) - Pending
U0141 ECM - Lost Communication with Body Control Module A - Stored MIL
U0001 ECM - High Speed COntroller Area Network Communication Bus - Stored
U0103 ECM - Lost Communication with Gear Shift Module - Stored
P0513 ECM - Incorrect Immobilizer Key - Stored
U1113 ECM - Lost Air Conditioning Pressure Message - Stored
U0103 TCM - Lost Communication with Gear Shift Module - Stored
U0121 TCM - Lost COmmunication with Anti-Lock Brake System Control Module - Stored
U0002 TCM - High Speed Controller Area Network Communication Bus - Stored
U0100 TCM - Lost Communication with Engine Control Module / Powertrain Control Module "A" - Stored
U0169 SRS - Lost Communication with Sunroof Control Module Stored
B210D SRS - Battery Voltage Low - Stored
U0169 SRS - Lost Communication with Sunroof Control Module - Stored
U1415 SRS - Implausible / Missing Vehicle Configuration Data - Stored
U0141 ABS - Lost Communication with FCM - Stored
U0429 ABS - Invalid Data Received From Steering Column Control Module - Stored
C121A ABS - Steering Angle Sensor Not Initialized - Stored
C2100 ABS - Battery Voltage Low - Stored
U140E ABS - Implausible / Missing Vehicle Configuration Data - Stored
C2202 ABS - Original VIN Mismatch / Missing - Stored
U0002 ABS - Controller Area Network C Bus Off Performance - Stored

After starting the car, it seems the battery voltage on this Oct 2019 Autocraft Gold battery is 11.4-11.6 volts, which seems to not be where it should be. Gasoline was filled up weeks ago so no recent fuel. Oil is up to level.

It seems this problem scenario can happen if the battery voltage is gets too low, so I was thinking of getting the battery load tested. Any other thoughts on what this could be?

Thank you!
Rob

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just a quick update: I did a slow charge on the battery and it was up to full voltage and cranking amps, Now reporting 13.6 volts or thereabouts. The problem happened again so I do not think it is the battery. I also popped out the PCM and made sure on all three connectors there was no corrosion or bent pins, and resecured the cables back. It seems like intermittently modules cannot communicate with each other, so not sure what the issue could be. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Rob

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Rob:
Absolutely get that battery load tested, to remove it from the list of suspects. Then, if it passes, you are in search of some type of current draw from something like a computer not going to sleep. I would also have the alternator and charging system checked. How many miles on it, and have you done any repairs or mods recently?

Don

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Don and Powerman, the battery is passing load tests so it should be okay. The battery does not seem to get low, so the battery does not appear to be the culprit. I will have to get some new codes from when the problem occurs. When the car is running, it seems volts are running 13.5, which should be fine.

This car did have an electircal issue last Fall, where the sunroof and radio did not work. The shop tracked down the problem and fixed it. I think it was some weeks after this that the problem was first observed. I also replaced the starter a month ago due to slow cranking - a challenging task due to lack of room to fit the starter in place while also connecting the wires (which have very little slack - but the starter now cranks like it should. I wonder if when the last work was performed at the shop if some wire harness was not properly connected to some body module or something, which is why I checked the PCM. I may have to bring it back to them and have them recheck stuff.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Don and Powerman, the battery is passing load tests so it should be okay. The battery does not seem to get low, so the battery does not appear to be the culprit. I will have to get some new codes from when the problem occurs. When the car is running, it seems volts are running 13.5, which should be fine. This car did have an electircal issue last Fall, where the sunroof and radio did not work. The shop tracked down the problem and fixed it. I think it was some weeks after this that the problem was first observed. I also replaced the starter a month ago due to slow cranking - a challenging task due to lack of room to fit the starter in place while also connecting the wires (which have very little slack - but the starter now cranks like it should. I wonder if when the last work was performed at the shop if some wire harness was not properly connected to some body module or something, which is why I checked the PCM. I may have to bring it back to them and have them recheck stuff.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello all,

My 2006 Dodge Charger SXT V6 3.5L seems to have developed an intermittent issue with a sudden a loss in power, oil light, check engine light, ABS, EAP/BAS lights come on along with a chime, and the car is in limp home mode, and I think the car is in 2nd gear and very slow. The last two times this happened, I was making a slow left hand turn and after the turn is completed, the problem occurred and I drifted off to the side of the road. Two restarts later, things went back to normal with just a check engine light on

I ran the codes on the car and got the below:
P0700 Mod $00 -Transmission COntrol System (Malfunction Indicator Lamp Request) - Confirmed
U0001 Mod $00 - High Speed COntroller Area Network Communication Bus - Confirmed
U0103 Mod $00 - Lost Communication with Gear Shift Module - Confirmed
U0141 Mod $00 - Lost Communication with Body Control Module A - Confirmed
U0121 Mod $01 - Lost Communication with Anti-Lock Brake System Control Module - Confirmed
U0002 Mod $01 - High Speed COntroller Area Network Communication Bus - Confirmed
U0100 Mod $01 - Lost Communication with Engine Control Module / Powertrain Control Module "A" - Confirmed
P0700 Mod $00 - Transmission COntrol System (Malfunction Indicator Lamp Request) - Pending
U0141 ECM - Lost Communication with Body Control Module A - Stored MIL
U0001 ECM - High Speed COntroller Area Network Communication Bus - Stored
U0103 ECM - Lost Communication with Gear Shift Module - Stored
P0513 ECM - Incorrect Immobilizer Key - Stored
U1113 ECM - Lost Air Conditioning Pressure Message - Stored
U0103 TCM - Lost Communication with Gear Shift Module - Stored
U0121 TCM - Lost COmmunication with Anti-Lock Brake System Control Module - Stored
U0002 TCM - High Speed Controller Area Network Communication Bus - Stored
U0100 TCM - Lost Communication with Engine Control Module / Powertrain Control Module "A" - Stored
U0169 SRS - Lost Communication with Sunroof Control Module Stored
B210D SRS - Battery Voltage Low - Stored
U0169 SRS - Lost Communication with Sunroof Control Module - Stored
U1415 SRS - Implausible / Missing Vehicle Configuration Data - Stored
U0141 ABS - Lost Communication with FCM - Stored
U0429 ABS - Invalid Data Received From Steering Column Control Module - Stored
C121A ABS - Steering Angle Sensor Not Initialized - Stored
C2100 ABS - Battery Voltage Low - Stored
U140E ABS - Implausible / Missing Vehicle Configuration Data - Stored
C2202 ABS - Original VIN Mismatch / Missing - Stored
U0002 ABS - Controller Area Network C Bus Off Performance - Stored

After starting the car, it seems the battery voltage on this Oct 2019 Autocraft Gold battery is 11.4-11.6 volts, which seems to not be where it should be. Gasoline was filled up weeks ago so no recent fuel. Oil is up to level.

It seems this problem scenario can happen if the battery voltage is gets too low, so I was thinking of getting the battery load tested. Any other thoughts on what this could be?

Thank you!
Rob
did you ever find out the issue? I have the same problem with the same model car!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
did you ever find out the issue? I have the same problem with the same model car!
Hi @grimm3213 ,

I paid a shop to further diagnose it after I replaced the transmission control module and the ECM. The shop hooked up the car and had it for days, and felt that they debugged the issue to he TIPM. I looked for a TIPM from the same year, drive train and options 2006 Charger in the junkyard with the plan to replace it, and did not find one - the junkyard only had the V8 HEMI cars there, interestingly enough. I failed to fix the problem and sold the car to a friend for short money. My friend found an exact match TIPM in the junkyard near them. He did the TIPM replacement, and the car drove awesome for at least 100 miles and he considered the problem fixed; this was a significant improvement from when I would have the problem even on a short 5 mile drive around town. Unfortunately the problem came back for him, so its a head-scratcher. I hope you are more successful then I was!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Rob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts