Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Comes down to these 2 cars for purchase. The Rt with about 55k The SRT8 has 79k and $2500 more both in excellent condition. I thought about the Chrysler 300 srt8 but like the sportiness instead. Never owned a car with a hemi period but when I drove the rt I was hooked. Not a fast driver but something about having that power behind you when you need it. The Srt8 is fine as well but is it worth the extra $$ overall ? Could use the bread elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
For that difference in price, go SRT.

If you buy the R/T and dig the performance, you will only want more later and you won't be able to match the SRT performance for $2500.

If you aren't about performance, buy a V6 and save even more $$.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought a 2006 RT in July 2005....I traded it for a 2006 SRT in Nov 2005....never looked back....
---------------------
But you enjoyed the rt correct? What were the main differences even though both brought satisfaction ?

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
---------------------
But you enjoyed the rt correct? What were the main differences even though both brought satisfaction ?
The power, the handling, the looks, the ride, the seats, the interior, the forged wheels, the tires...did I mention the power??....

If you drove both cars you should know...

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Go SRT, if your even thinking about it just go for it man. Dont get me wrong I love my R/T and its awesome but I was in a similar boat decision wise and I wish I would have just gone for it. Luckily O got a smokin deal so im in the positive to trade up next year when the 15s roll out and the 14s are being blown out!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The power, the handling, the looks, the ride, the seats, the interior, the forged wheels, the tires...did I mention the power??....

If you drove both cars you should know...

----------------------
Just test drove the Chrysler srt8. Keep in mind the mileage under 80k. The car was brilliant black and looked like it was brand new.He took care of it. Not a scratch or dent anywhere. The interior was new. The drive was great. Kind of a roar as he has it where the engine roars nicely. The interior was all metal in places where it was plastic. And upgrade. The stick and all knobs were shiny metal. Bose system and every upgrade possible. Are these cars costly to upkeep ? I had a bmw andmercedes awhile back used and it was always costing at least $500 up anytime I took it in for something. The rt seemed great . The chrysler didn't seem that much faster . The seats were incredible though. He wanted $17,000.with 79k. The charger rt is 14, 500 with under 60k. Your thoughts.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One more thing. The rt was a beautiful dark red. The srt8 was black. You guys are right. The srt8 interior felt like a million dollars. Both showroom condition.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Repeat...buy the SRT.

Maintenance is little different between the two with the possible exception of oil changes, The SRT takes full synthetic oil which costs a little more. Brakes cost more to replace but last longer.

Everything else is generally the same.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Any SRT8 is gonna feel like a million bucks! I still vote SRT8 maintenance may be higher if you beat up on it. But thats the price you pay to roll around in a big heavy bad ass V8, just like the Benz and the Beemer.

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
----------------------
Just test drove the Chrysler srt8. Keep in mind the mileage under 80k. The car was brilliant black and looked like it was brand new.He took care of it. Not a scratch or dent anywhere. The interior was new. The drive was great. Kind of a roar as he has it where the engine roars nicely. The interior was all metal in places where it was plastic. And upgrade. The stick and all knobs were shiny metal. Bose system and every upgrade possible. Are these cars costly to upkeep ? I had a bmw andmercedes awhile back used and it was always costing at least $500 up anytime I took it in for something. The rt seemed great . The chrysler didn't seem that much faster . The seats were incredible though. He wanted $17,000.with 79k. The charger rt is 14, 500 with under 60k. Your thoughts.

Confused....are we talking Charger RT vs Charger SRT orCharger RT vs 300 SRT? Your thread title says "2006 CHARGER rt vs 2006 CHARGER SRT8 "......

Also if you did not notice a big difference in power whether it is a 300 SRT or Charger SRT something is wrong....big difference between a 2006 RT and SRT....not so big difference between 2009/10 RT vs SRT power wise..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry. It is the 2006 charger rt vs Chrysler srt8.

The other day I test drove a 2006 daytona charger. The one orange and black with daytona and hemi advertised all over the car. I recall the seats were different and slightly more power than the rt. It's just me but I didn't like all the advertisement and color orange. I am an older guy. But the drive was great and the mileage was under 50k. It was a rebuilt title. The owner admitted to getting in an accident and showed me there was no structural damage. Just the fender replaced. So the price on that one was 14 k. Would be higher but rebuilt title. Most say stay away from rebuilt titles. Everything else looked new.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Sorry. It is the 2006 charger rt vs Chrysler srt8.

The other day I test drove a 2006 daytona charger. The one orange and black with daytona and hemi advertised all over the car. I recall the seats were different and slightly more power than the rt. It's just me but I didn't like all the advertisement and color orange. I am an older guy. But the drive was great and the mileage was under 50k. It was a rebuilt title. The owner admitted to getting in an accident and showed me there was no structural damage. Just the fender replaced. So the price on that one was 14 k. Would be higher but rebuilt title. Most say stay away from rebuilt titles. Everything else looked new.
You don't get a rebuilt title because of a replaced fender. You get one because the accident damage was greater than the value of the car. If it was rebuilt, it was after the insurance company totaled it.

Don't walk away...RUN!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow!!!! Thanks. I noticed the 2 with rebuilt titles say it was minor. Of course they are going to say that. That's why the price is much lower and they haven't sold.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dDaddy: Do you own a red Charger? What made you choose red over black or white etc ? Never had a red car.lol.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
dDaddy: Do you own a red Charger? What made you choose red over black or white etc ? Never had a red car.lol.
I loved the color when I saw it on the lot and it was an SRT. No other reason than that. I've owned cars in red, blue, black, green, copper, yellow and purple (plum crazy).

For me it's all about what looks good on the car, not so much what the actual color is.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dDaddy: Sounds good to me. How old are you by the way? When I saw the red Charger rt I said beautiful. The owner kept it in the garage and so it just sparkled when he brought it out for me. No doubt , a great color. Red strikes me more appealing to women. Black is more of a mysterious color. I think of Batman or an undercover agent.

282 Posts
Dude man, i love my R/T to death, but i will have put about 4000 into it since i bought it. It was 16500 from the dealer with 56,000 miles on it. I paid tax and got warranty and gap protection (just cancelled them btw and will be gettig some $$$ back). It came out to about 21,000 total. Afterwards, I bought a catback $470 including install, drilled and slotted rotors and brake pads $350 on sale, diablo tuner $350,srt8 headers and midpipes $375, and am about buy a 3500 edge high stall converter $600 and pay $1820 for a new cam setup.
Plus alot more actually.
ALL IN ALL IT STILL WONT EQUATE TO THE RAW POWER AND PERFORMANCE OF THE 6.1.
Check out this badass vid of a sublime 2007 R/T racing a Challenger.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6DBTx76jgs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

A 392 Kenne Bell Challenger and R/T? racing at Famoso.. R/T HAS A 6.1L !!!

For 2,500 i wish i could upgrade to that. GET THE SRT8 handsdown ><

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hands down really? But you loved your rt. But the mind isn't satisfied so it wants more power. I will think about it but the rt was fast enough for me.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I loved my 06 top bananna. Plenty fast....until i drove the SRT8. Then it was all over! I rarely drive it even remotely hard, but its just fun knowing all that power is available. Go SRT8!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts