Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2006 charger r/t bright silver metallic (modified)
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a stage 1 camed and tuned RT with a new water pump, radiator, thermostat, and fan assembly but whenever I am idling at a stop light for example I start overheating. The only solution ive found is to rev it above 1500 rpm to cool off my water temp but that just slows down the overheating. It doss not do this on the highway or when I am gong above 20ish. (depending on the outside temp)
I have replaced the whole cooling system and am at a loss on what else it could be.

UPDATE 9/12/22
SO THE 10 I was driving and it began to overheating I thought nothing of it because it was normal than the hose that went out of my engine and in to my radiator just popped off I put it back on and added more coolent but now it seems I'm not getting any water out of my engine if I run with that hose disconnected I just get steam out of it so I know my thermostat is ok.

· Registered
4,015 Posts
I have replaced the whole cooling system
Did you replace the pressure cap on the overflow tank? You may need to purge the cooling system of air multiple times before all the trapped air is finally moved through the system and released.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts