Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Dodge Charger RT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been slowly rebuilding my charger that I bought crashed, and after checking and doing everything I read in the other forums I just decided to make my own to see if I could get some help. I get six codes when I check the car that never go away. If anyone has any insight that can help me I could really use it.
The codes I get for the ABS are:
1. U0125
2. C100A
3. C102B
4. C121A
5. C2100
6. C2205

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Cruise Control is disabled whenever there's ABS or ESP diagnostic codes logged.

U0125-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH DYNAMICS SENSOR
Set Condition:
Bus messages not received from the Dynamics Sensor for approximately 500ms.

C100A–LEFT FRONT WHEEL SPEED SENSOR CIRCUIT
Set Condition:
When the Left Front Wheel Speed Sensor circuit fails the diagnostic test.

C102B–RIGHT REAR WHEEL SPEED SENSOR CIRCUIT
Set Condition:
When the Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor circuit fails the diagnostic test.

C121A-STEERING ANGLE SENSOR NOT INITIALIZED
Set Condition:
When the Anti-Lock Brake Module detects a low voltage at the Steering Angle Sensor or Steering Angle Sensor.

C2100-BATTERY VOLTAGE LOW
Set Condition:
When the Anti-Lock Brake Module indicates that voltage is below 7.5 volts.

C2205-STEERING ANGLE SENSOR INTERNAL
Set Condition:
When the Anti-Lock Brake Module detects the Steering Angle Sensor has sent an internal failure status.

Many of the codes can be caused by wiring harness/connector problems (damage). They can also post these errors due to low battery voltage, open circuits & grounds, CAN Bus circuits shorted to voltage or ground. CAN Bus circuits open. I would check all the fuses, wiring/connectors, grounds, etc ... and have the main battery load tested. Once all the circuits, battery & fuses check out good then I would consider replacing the sensors (e.g. wheel speed sensors). It's not uncommon for the wheel speed sensors to go bad. Replace them with Mopar OEM sensors. Aftermarket sensors do not work reliably with the Dodge Charger electronics & controllers.

·
Registered
2013 R/T
2,424 Posts
If not damage you may need an advanced scanner that will reset them and initialize the steering angle sensor (SAS). Sometimes after a battery disconnect the SAS needs re-calibration. It can be as simple as starting the engine, turn wheel all the way to the left, then right, then center and shut the car off. You may get lucky.

But you bought it crashed and the SAS could be bad. When it does it can trigger ABS codes. Are you in Georgia?

·
Registered
2006 Dodge Charger RT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cruise Control is disabled whenever there's ABS or ESP diagnostic codes logged.

U0125-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH DYNAMICS SENSOR
Set Condition:
Bus messages not received from the Dynamics Sensor for approximately 500ms.

C100A–LEFT FRONT WHEEL SPEED SENSOR CIRCUIT
Set Condition:
When the Left Front Wheel Speed Sensor circuit fails the diagnostic test.

C102B–RIGHT REAR WHEEL SPEED SENSOR CIRCUIT
Set Condition:
When the Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor circuit fails the diagnostic test.

C121A-STEERING ANGLE SENSOR NOT INITIALIZED
Set Condition:
When the Anti-Lock Brake Module detects a low voltage at the Steering Angle Sensor or Steering Angle Sensor.

C2100-BATTERY VOLTAGE LOW
Set Condition:
When the Anti-Lock Brake Module indicates that voltage is below 7.5 volts.

C2205-STEERING ANGLE SENSOR INTERNAL
Set Condition:
When the Anti-Lock Brake Module detects the Steering Angle Sensor has sent an internal failure status.

Many of the codes can be caused by wiring harness/connector problems (damage). They can also post these errors due to low battery voltage, open circuits & grounds, CAN Bus circuits shorted to voltage or ground. CAN Bus circuits open. I would check all the fuses, wiring/connectors, grounds, etc ... and have the main battery load tested. Once all the circuits, battery & fuses check out good then I would consider replacing the sensors (e.g. wheel speed sensors). It's not uncommon for the wheel speed sensors to go bad. Replace them with Mopar OEM sensors. Aftermarket sensors do not work reliably with the Dodge Charger electronics & controllers.
Thank you so much for the rapid response the battery is new, and I checked everything you listed. However, I haven't checked the wheel speed sensors I am going to check that out now.

·
Registered
2006 Dodge Charger RT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If not damage you may need an advanced scanner that will reset them and initialize the steering angle sensor (SAS). Sometimes after a battery disconnect the SAS needs re-calibration. It can be as simple as starting the engine, turn wheel all the way to the left, then right, then center and shut the car off. You may get lucky.

But you bought it crashed and the SAS could be bad. When it does it can trigger ABS codes. Are you in Georgia?
I did purchase it crashed on the front end the side of the ABS Module so I believe this might be the problem I'm talking with a colleague that has an advanced scanner. By tomorrow I'll be able to find out if that's the problem. No, I am from Texas. Thanks for the rapid replies it really helps!!

·
Registered
2013 R/T
2,424 Posts
I have personal experience a bad steering angle sensor will toss ABS related codes. If his scanner will monitor the steering angle live it will tell the tale. If you have less than 720° at either lock full position its the sensor.
A shock to the column can do it. The service manual (my 2013) says if the air bag is deployed the column should be replaced.

Good Luck. Hope you post a follow up with the findings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts