Charger Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is incredible!!!!! If I had read this forum before I have never bought a Charger.

My Charger 2006 R/T was a repo, when I got it I was in love with the car everything was perfect, it only took two weeks and the first thing was the Tranny leak, changed it myself, then the wheel bearing, change it, now it’s the "shutting off thing", it shuts more than 20 times a day, I accelerate and pedal at 100% car won’t run, I have no clue what’s so ever on what to do, it does not have any warranty. I have changed the Keyless battery; reset the computer, etc.... Every time it does it, there’s no Check Engine Code. HELP!!!!!!!!!!! I'm from Puerto Rico and here the dealers charge for EVERYTHING!!!. We say they are legal burglars.

Hector

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Could your fuel tank be overfilled?? I had my Charger shut off one time and found that it was due to me overfilling my fuel tank on a hot day.

Xian

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
When you say it "shuts off" does it actually stall/die or does it just lose power but continue to drive at low RPMs? Which idiot lights on the dashboard come on, if any?

Since it was previously owned and it's doing it LOTS of times per day, there may be aftermarket equipment that was added that is interfering with the ignition system. I would think that you'd get a CEL if that were the case, though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If i'm running it stalls for about 3 seconds and )z( lights comes on and off. then keeps going. If the carr is iddle it shuts off. there no key code, no check engine. No nothing.
I im going to fix it the Puerto Rico way., with 25 cents. 20 cents for gas and 5 cent for a match box and kaboommmmmm. POS car.
BTW it has a 5.7 and even a Mitsubishi lancer (No Turbo win in races) Its slow car.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Does it only do it when you push the pedal all the way to the floor?? My be a sensor on the engine freaking out. Or as mentioned, may be some aftermarket equiptment that was installed by previous owner. Hard to tell since you don't know the previous history other than it was a repo.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
first, is sad to read you have problems and 2nd is sad to see something like "hate" to your car.

You need to check the car with the starscan and find de problem, no codes?? did you use the key dance??

I have 2 chargers, and I love them!!! and mopars all mi life and 0 problems... good luck with your car...

maybe need to re-calibrate the gas pedal, and not: a 5.7 is not slower than a lancer, my cousin drives a lancer gts 2009 with the 2.4 lts engine (the world engine used in chrysler products) and you can feel a good speed, but slower than my car...

really you need to check your car, maybe the previous owner was a bad-care owner

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine is having the same problem! I have a 2006 Charger RT with 40k Miles on it! It has been at the dealer for 3 and a half weeks now and they have replaced every computer and module in the car. Now they are doing the wiring harnesses. The only aftermarket stuff i have is a CAI and E3 spark plugs, of course exhaust! But all of this stuff has been on there for awhile and my car just started doing this!

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
That sucks...i lived in Bayomon for a minute and i know how crazy the prices are over there. If it was a repo theres no telling whats going on with it....alot of people that forsee repos will sabotage a car. I have never heard of one shutting down that many times.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Mine is having the same problem! I have a 2006 Charger RT with 40k Miles on it! It has been at the dealer for 3 and a half weeks now and they have replaced every computer and module in the car. Now they are doing the wiring harnesses. The only aftermarket stuff i have is a CAI and E3 spark plugs, of course exhaust! But all of this stuff has been on there for awhile and my car just started doing this!
I remember reading some threads (and I think you posted in at least one of them, too) about some other members who had trouble after installing E3 plugs. It's a pretty cheap test to install new Champion Copper plugs to see if the problems go away.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I remember reading some threads (and I think you posted in at least one of them, too) about some other members who had trouble after installing E3 plugs. It's a pretty cheap test to install new Champion Copper plugs to see if the problems go away.
You are right! I got my car back and it was the plugs. They were sending voltage back through the coils and to the PCM. This voltage was erasing all of the codes in the PCM. Car is running great now! Seems to be running better than when i first bought it! Might be due to all new computer, modules and wiring harnesses. They probably even put all of the new flashes in it!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Is there knocking coming from the engine? cause this happened right before I threw a rod in my engine and it was really slow...

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
If i'm running it stalls for about 3 seconds and )z( lights comes on and off. then keeps going.
The )Z( light on the dash indicates a problem with the ETC (electronic throttle control). You may have an intermittent pedal position sensor. It is mounted above the gas pedal and tells the engine computer how far the pedal is depressed. If it looses the signal, the computer doesn't know what to do so the car will stop accelerating.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.