Charger Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have posted a few threads in my quest to make the decision between a friend's 2006 Daytona Charger with 5 grand in tires and rims alone. vs a 2006 Charger Srt8.

My friend has 5 cars in his collection and wants a new corvette. He needs to sell one car and said he will let go of his Daytona Charger with 5000 miles to me. Drove it and smells and looks new. He alternates driving all his cars and being wealthy he drives little and keeps his cars in the garage.

Enter car number 2. 2006 Charger srt8. Beautiful red with 50, 000 miles.Immaculate condition. But price is about $2500 less for this car with some mileage.

The newer car would be lesser risk as it is practically new. But my savings would be depleted. The 2nd car gives me a slight window moneywise.

The Daytona is mango and beautiful but don't care too much for the Decals Daytona on the sides and black strip with hemi on the front hood.

The red has none of that and slightly less subtle.

So help me out guys and gals one more time. The newer car or the one I risk with some miles.

In the past most made the suggestions of srt8. But keep in mind mileage and that I love speed but don't require the fastest . The slightly slower Daytona is fine. Thanks. I plan on buying Monday.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
As has been stated before...buy the 2006 SRT with 50k miles.

The miles are irrelevant. Several folks have posted with SRTs in the 150K plus range and said buy it. I have 98K miles on mine and I say buy it.

It will be worth more, be more fun to drive, and a better purchase than the Daytona. Unless you plan to park it and wrap it in plastic for the museum, BUY THE SRT!

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Pre-eagle heads are not that fun
SRT!!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dDaddy and I had a good conversation on this and being the great salesman he is (lol) convinced me that the srt8 was the way to go over and above the Daytona rt. And that is taking consideration of the low low miles on the rt.
So he assured me that the srt8 was a beast of a car and , nothing against the rt, which is a great car, but nit in the same league So what we have is a great car and even greater car right?

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
you're not going to go wrong either way. Please just buy one... it's a car, you're not picking a lifetime mate. If you don't like it, you can sell it.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Buy the SRT, you won't regret it

If it takes anything more to convince you just do a search for "dropped valve seat" and it will convince you the 6.1 is the right choice

Still need more convincing? Ok, just stare at this for a bit

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dDaddy told me about the possible valve problem with the rt. And it seems, yes all srt owners seemed thrilled and srt owners are not going from where they are and going back to the rt. If anything rt owners eventually become srt owners. So tomorrow I take the final test drive on the srt8 again. And by Monday I will make the final decision. I informed my insurance agent of getting a rt daytona and she quoted me $112 for full coverage with all my discounts and perfect driving record. So hopefully the srt won't be more.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did stare at it. Its beautiful. The srt I am looking at looks identical. It is red except it has black rims with a touch of red . I want to get a cover for it. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
. I want to get a cover for it. Any suggestions?
Don't

Unless you're going to clean it every time before covering it, all you'll do is scratch the paint.

·
Premium Member
3,978 Posts
Part Deux has that answered. If you're storing the car, fine. Otherwise the abuse of putting the cover on and taking it off when there's any dirt on the paint will be miserable.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I did stare at it. Its beautiful. The srt I am looking at looks identical. It is red except it has black rims with a touch of red . I want to get a cover for it. Any suggestions?
Thanks. All of the 2006 SRT8's are the same Inferno red paint.

As already mentioned don't get a cover unless it is for long term storage and the paint is spotless before putting the cover on.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
No doubt get the srt8. It's distinctive car. I still remember the first time i saw an srt8 and it was that year and color. That's how bad ass looking they are. And they drive even better. Nothing I have driven sounds as good as the 6.1. Not even the 6.4. 392.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
No doubt get the srt8. It's distinctive car. I still remember the first time i saw an srt8 and it was that year and color. That's how bad ass looking they are. And they drive even better. Nothing I have driven sounds as good as the 6.1. Not even the 6.4. 392.
You may have the most beautiful 6.4 I have ever seen

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Will see and try out the srt today again.
Question as a backup- is the Chrysler 300 srt8 basically the same car as the Charger srt except for the body ?
The Charger srt is a grand more then the black 300 srt with the same mileage and same year.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Will see and try out the srt today again.
Question as a backup- is the Chrysler 300 srt8 basically the same car as the Charger srt except for the body ?
The Charger srt is a grand more then the black 300 srt with the same mileage and same year.
You're buying a car... if $1,000 over 18k is going to make a difference, you're looking at the wrong car.

Pick the pretty one and write the check!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.