Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't believe that the car as a whole is obsolete, or even the powertrain, but sometimes I get the feeling my opinion isn't as valued just because I drive an antiquated V6.... Also I've noticed that there aren't many 3.5 owners active on the forums, let alone ANY 2.7 owners.

When you see my profile and see that I drive a V6 does that make people automatically put me on a lower "tier" of the forum?

I'm not offended by any of the V6 jokes or sarcasm, but it's a serious question.... Is my automotive knowledge for others not as valuable because I don't have a HEMI?

Also I'm not including 3.6 owners in this because they can hold their own against 2006-2008 5.7 HEMIS and get worlds better mileage.

I'd just like some honest opinions from V8 Charger owners if you have more respect for V8 owners etc...

And this is not a butthurt thread, just a place for owners to express their honest opinions on if we V6 owners deserve to be acknowledged like everyone else or... If we are just posers, trying to be something we are not...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I can understand why there aren't many 3.5 V6 enthusiasts on this board anymore.. After a couple years in the used car market it's looked at as a mode of transportation more than a modding platform... To a select number of us it's more than just a mode of transportation. I plan to be active as long as I can be, I don't ever plan on selling my charger, it's my first car and even if I attain my dream challenger, it'll always be around.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Hell no you have a Torred! Lol, it is very nice. I do not like the "ghetto supafly" 3.5s, but i like the "in good taste" mods on the 3.5s.
No way man, your car is great in city, there is no way i would take mah hemi in to chicago!
Plus you have the nice curvy thick charger!
Mopar Devil Dog also has a badass charger, and his is a 3.5, and ive seen that thing pick up, dont ask me how!
I do joke, its like picking on a little brother! Lol

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
torred 3.5,

I can't speak for everyone because we have a lot of personalities in this forum but I personally do not initially look at what Charger people have before I take their opinion into consideration. I'll take good info from anyone, then see what Charger they have out of curiosity. I value opinion more from frequent posters like yourself and other regulars who are respectful and easy going.

As far as V6s go, like you said there are just not as many on here compared to V8s. For the most part, and excluding people like yourself on this forum, people with V6s on the Chargers are not in the "enthusiast" crowd. They see the car as just a bigger, more practical A to B car. And Like Yuro said, when a V6 is modded, unfortunately it is often with 34 inch rims and other ridiculous looking stuff. Now I try not to hate on people but when your car looks like its about to roll over making a 20 mile an hour turn that's just unsafe too. Also, and R/T people are equally guilty of this, some people bash the trim above them to justify their own purchase and make themselves feel better. Now people have very good and valid reasons why they bought the car they did, just don't go antagonizing or hating on other people that just had a little more money to spend at that particular time. Most of us have had good and bad economic times.

Anyways, your opinion is valued no matter what engine you have and this is not a V8 only forum but a forum for all Charger fans :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Our local modern Mopar club in Houston allows chargers, magnums, chally's and 300. If you own one of these models you are in the club, regardless of engine. If we only allowed V8 in the club we would only have half the members. We could care less what motor is in your LX, your ticket in the club is the car not the motor.

·
Vendor
10,364 Posts
Personally, I don't look down on any Charger owner no matter what Charger they have.

The 3.5L is one of my favorite engines. Actually, the 3.5L is a polyhemi V6 that is completely aluminum. In a few mains, it has 6 bolts!

The 3.5L is a 60 degree V6 not a 90 degree like the 5.7L, 6.1L and 6.4L V8s.

If the 3.5L was a 90 degree V6 you couldn't fit it in the car! Liter per liter the 3.5L is more powerful than the 5.7 or 6.1! (250 div by 3.5 =71.43 hp per liter!) 368 div by 5.7 =64.56 and 425 div by 6.1= 69.67! It is frankly more "Hemi" than the Hemi's are anyway!

In the old days, if a guy had a Hemi he was the most respected. Then the 440+6 guys, then the 440 guys, then the 383 4 bbl guys and finally the 340 guys while the 318 guys were shunned.

I am glad to have a forum where I don't feel people discriminate based on what engine you have! I like them all. Therefore your opinion is as valid as any other. What is important is truth in the content. As long as what you are saying jives with reality, it is valid.....PERIOD!

Regards,
Brian

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do joke, its like picking on a little brother! Lol

That little brother attitude is exactly what I'm talking about... remember, behind our cars we are human beings just like V8 owners.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Personally, I don't look down on any Charger owner no matter what Charger they have.

The 3.5L is one of my favorite engines. Actually, the 3.5L is a polyhemi V6 that is completely aluminum. In a few mains, it has 6 bolts!

The 3.5L is a 60 degree V6 not a 90 degree like the 5.7L, 6.1L and 6.4L V8s.

If the 3.5L was a 90 degree V6 you couldn't fit it in the car! Liter per liter the 3.5L is more powerful than the 5.7 or 6.1! (250 div by 3.5 =71.43 hp per liter!) 368 div by 5.7 =64.56 and 425 div by 6.1= 69.67! It is frankly more "Hemi" than the Hemi's are anyway!

In the old days, if a guy had a Hemi he was the most respected. Then the 440+6 guys, then the 440 guys, then the 383 4 bbl guys and finally the 340 guys while the 318 guys were shunned.

I am glad to have a forum where I don't feel people discriminate based on what engine you have! I like them all. Therefore your opinion is as valid as any other. What is important is truth in the content. As long as what you are saying jives with reality, it is valid.....PERIOD!

Regards,

Brian

Those are some interesting numbers and cool facts.. Thanks for sharing! :beerchug:

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
torred 3.5,

I can't speak for everyone because we have a lot of personalities in this forum but I personally do not initially look at what Charger people have before I take their opinion into consideration. I'll take good info from anyone, then see what Charger they have out of curiosity. I value opinion more from frequent posters like yourself and other regulars who are respectful and easy going.

As far as V6s go, like you said there are just not as many on here compared to V8s. For the most part, and excluding people like yourself on this forum, people with V6s on the Chargers are not in the "enthusiast" crowd. They see the car as just a bigger, more practical A to B car. And Like Yuro said, when a V6 is modded, unfortunately it is often with 34 inch rims and other ridiculous looking stuff. Now I try not to hate on people but when your car looks like its about to roll over making a 20 mile an hour turn that's just unsafe too. Also, and R/T people are equally guilty of this, some people bash the trim above them to justify their own purchase and make themselves feel better. Now people have very good and valid reasons why they bought the car they did, just don't go antagonizing or hating on other people that just had a little more money to spend at that particular time. Most of us have had good and bad economic times.

Anyways, your opinion is valued no matter what engine you have and this is not a V8 only forum but a forum for all Charger fans :beerchug:

That's great to hear :beerchug:

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
The Forum has declared you OBSOLETE.

:biggrinjester:

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
I don't feel that way at all, I have a V6, I love it others might not give two ****s but who cares! Plenty of info for our cars that is still relevant today which is nice, and lets be honest there is only so much you can do to a car and the fact that it's been around eight years we pretty much covered the majority of questions and ideas for modifications. I'm not sure why you don't feel acknowledged when we have our very own forum section :D I dunno, I just don't see what you're seeing.

Yeah I have a V6, I also have a '65 Thunderbird with a 390 V8 with 53K original miles on it...

If someone judges you for the size of your engine...

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
I know how you feel. Especially around here. When I had my SXT people would be like " aww that's a nice car. It have a hemi?" I would say no and BAM I lost their interest. It's like really! But honestly whatever I loved my car it was a CHARGER. I only have my RT now cause it was too good of a deal to pass up. If I could of afforded it I would of had both.
I give props to all us current and previous v6 owners. You have a CHARGER. Who cares what's under the hood. You bought your car for a reason.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
nothing wrong with the 3.5L! I plan on keeping mine even after I get my future SRT8! to me, the Charger is a beautiful vehicle that appeals to everyone!

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
I wish someone would give me a free Avenger with the 3.6L in it....
and yea, little brothers have fits too... i mean feelings... lolol!
im currently in a 2.0 Turbo Cadillac ATS... my Oui Oui feels so small! Lol! Hahahahaha
currently with this car i also have dysfunction issues, performance issues, and size issues! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wish someone would give me a free Avenger with the 3.6L in it....
and yea, little brothers have fits too... i mean feelings... lolol!
im currently in a 2.0 Turbo Cadillac ATS... my Oui Oui feels so small! Lol! Hahahahaha
currently with this car i also have dysfunction issues, performance issues, and size issues! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
All I'm getting from this is that you're openly admitting that you look down on V6 owners and don't care if you are an a$$ about it at the same time.

Does that sound about right?

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
No, That i want a 3.6L Avenger, why cant u get that out of it?
As long as u dont make a "love me" thread ill stop messing around

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
The 3.5L is a great engine and fun to drive. I had a Magnum SXT AWD with the 3.5L before my SRT Charger and loved that car. Sometimes I wish I still owned it and often find myself looking for one used to have as a Winter driver. It was great fun to drive.

In regards to your "serious question.... "Is my automotive knowledge for others not as valuable because I don't have a HEMI?"

No, it's not because of what you own, it's because what you actually know...and the opinions you post so cockily based on that limited experience and knowledge base.

When folks disagree with your opinion or find it lacking given greater experience, it has nothing to do with what you drive. It has to do with what you state.

When you call folks out as having a "superiority complex" because of what they drive, you exercise the very prejudice you are complaining about. Accusing others of prejudice based on your own feeling of being persecuted is doing exactly what you accuse them of.

Look in the mirror to find the source of all of the issues that led you to post this thread.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No, it's not because of what you own, it's because what you actually know...and the opinions you post so cockily based on that limited experience and knowledge base.

When folks disagree with your opinion or find it lacking given greater experience, it has nothing to do with what you drive. It has to do with what you state.
I'd love to know

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think the fact that you and I have had some fits skews your image of me, I've never had problems with anyone else. I'm going through my posts right now and trying to find absolute opinions and such... having a hard time, could you help me out? If I don't realize it, I'd like to clean up my act.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts