Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
20x9 with 245/45 Nitto 420s in front.

20x10 with 285/40 Nitto 420s in back.

The stockers with goodyear 225/55/18 came in around 49lbs a peice. The viper fronts came in at 64lbs a peice and the rears 76lbs.

Oh, and a shot including my brothers bone stock SRT.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Looks good :rockon: ... love those rims :yes: ... I wish they made them to also fit the AWD ...

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good :rockon: ... love those rims :yes: ... I wish they made them to also fit the AWD ...
Thanks. It really changed the cars attitude. :driving: I know I probably took a performace hit tho. Those rears are pretty dang heavy, 68 pounds a peice I do believe. But I can deal with speed -1 and coolness +10.

What makes them not fit AWD I wonder?

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Thanks. It really changed the cars attitude. :driving: I know I probably took a performace hit tho. Those rears are pretty dang heavy, 68 pounds a peice I do believe. But I can deal with speed -1 and coolness +10.

What makes them not fit AWD I wonder?
The AWD's use a different offset (the position of the center of the wheel in relation to the mounting surface) ... the AWD's are in the 38-50mm range whereas the RWD's are in the 15-25mm range ... the RWD wheels would stick out like crazy ... :no:

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
The car sits as high as an X5. Coilovers my man.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Not too sure. For now the car is my daily driver in the summer and I think I might just leave it be. I dont want rubbing issues on a car I drive everyday.
i have the srt springs and shocks on my inferno with the same wheels with 255-45 20's and have no rubbing problems at all

·
Registered
479 Posts
what di they run you? PLus side question so coilovers will help with the rubbing deal?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
looks goood. drop it to srt level at least though..
That might be a possibility. I might keep my eyes open for a used set.

That looks good man! Those would look awesome on your brothers srt too!
Thanks. I agree!

The AWD's use a different offset (the position of the center of the wheel in relation to the mounting surface) ... the AWD's are in the 38-50mm range whereas the RWD's are in the 15-25mm range ... the RWD wheels would stick out like crazy ... :no:
That low rider look eh? Just slap some mud flaps on it and you would be all set! ;)

The car sits as high as an X5. Coilovers my man.
The gap is a little large, but most people dont comment on that when they see it in person. If you cant compare it to some of the slammed rides on here, you dont really notice it I think.

i have the srt springs and shocks on my inferno with the same wheels with 255-45 20's and have no rubbing problems at all
Yeah, I should look into em.

powdercoating is custom correct? not from the retailer....
They came that way from FactoryReproduction.

I love those rims. good choice!
Thanks!

those rims are sick!
:driving:

what di they run you? PLus side question so coilovers will help with the rubbing deal?
2.1k including sensors and shipping.

yeah, i love vipers too... now i can get them if i want but another srt in my area has them, so i probably wouldn't go that route anymore
Yeah, I have it made in that respect. I dont see a whole ton of Chargers here in NE, and the ones I do seem to be pretty darn stock. I cant wait to get my shaker on. I suppose the downside to that is there isnt any sort of LX clubs around here, and no real good speed shops that have some LX skills.

Thanks for taking a gander folks.

·
Registered
153 Posts
sorry to bug ya again..

how much for each wheel 20x9 and 20x10

im asking cause there is no pricelist on the factory repro website...

thanks again..

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
20x9 with 245/45 Nitto 420s in front.

20x10 with 285/40 Nitto 420s in back.

The stockers with goodyear 225/55/18 came in around 49lbs a peice. The viper fronts came in at 64lbs a peice and the rears 76lbs.

Oh, and a shot including my brothers bone stock SRT.
Thanks for the weight information....Have you drive the car yet to notice any performance loss with the extra 80ish pounds?

·
Registered
205 Posts
sorry to bug ya again..

how much for each wheel 20x9 and 20x10

im asking cause there is no pricelist on the factory repro website...

thanks again..
They sell through ebay. Here is a link to their ebay store:

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/merchant/factoryreproductions

I'm planning on buying the staggered grey vipers from them soon. Everything I've read about them from guys here who have bought from them has been very positive.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Personally, I'm not too thrilled about the rims (sorry, I know my opinion means nothing), but then I'm also partial to chrome rims. However, if you lower it, it may look better.

Bottom line, if you like it, that is all that matters.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts