Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won't be using these wheels any more so I'd like to sell them. They are powder coated gloss black and do not have any dings, chips, scratches, or curb rash on them. They also do not have any stems or sensors. Until I can get to a rim shop to get some boxes for them I'd like to stay within a reasonable distance of the greater Kansas City area. I'll ask $800, but price is always negotiable. I can always send someone more pix if they'd like, just ask.

Couple of pix of them installed.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Powerman. I hope your right. Kinda tired of having these in my garage just laying around. I want someone else to enjoy them. If anyone feels my price is too high, just remember I'm always open to offers. Shipping is possible as well, but I don't have boxes yet to get quotes.

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
No specific angle if you posted pics on the forum its not showing... I'm just interested in seeing what they look like and I am more than interested in buying them. are the oem or replica?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Strange. I posted 8 pix. I can see all 8. It's no problem though. I'll send you an email here in a minute. They are OEM SRT wheels off a 2007 Charger.

·
Registered
79 Posts
How difficult would it be to bead blast the powder coating away? Or is this even feasible? I live in the KC area and would be interested if i can have them reversed back somehow.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've used airplane stripper to remove powder coating before and it took a lot of elbow grease. I don't know that I'd want to try it again on something this size. I have never done any bead or media blasting so I can't comment on that. In my mind it's not going to be worth it for you. Not to pass up a potential sale but I'd hate to see these go back to bare aluminum. They look so good like this.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I agree they look good coated but my charger is black and I am not a fan of the all blacked out look, just not my cup of tea. Good luck with the sale, i agree these wont last long.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
How difficult would it be to bead blast the powder coating away? Or is this even feasible? I live in the KC area and would be interested if i can have them reversed back somehow.
Just so folks know, you can have a wheel shop recondition them to stock appearance or custom black pocket like the Super bee for around $125 per wheel.

I bought a set of OEM '06 SRT wheels from a member here that were in very rough condition and turned them into this...

Used OEM SRT wheels are worth around $350 each used and Super Bee wheels with the black pockets go for around $450 each. New they are twice that price.

If you don't like the all black powder coat, you can buy these wheels for $800 and spend $530 to have them redone the way you want them in brand new condition for a total investment of just over $330 per wheel.

One helluva bargain for brand new condition OEM SRT wheels!

Attachments

Reactions: x111103

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Okay, I finally got some boxes. USPS is $45 a wheel to anywhere in the contiguous 48. That's pretty expensive. I'm willing to split shipping if someone truly wants these shipped to them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Okay, I finally got some boxes. USPS is $45 a wheel to anywhere in the contiguous 48. That's pretty expensive. I'm willing to split shipping if someone truly wants these shipped to them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
So it would be $890 shipped?

Wow! That's a great deal! I'm gonna have to think hard about buying them myself!

I have a second set of wheels now that are refinished like the '08 Bee wheels but if I got these, I could have them redone in a completely different way...Hmmm...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts