Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Can't fault the Paint skills, much better than mine; but I always thought the Daytona was ugly with that long narrowed down nose.

·
Registered
115 Posts
carcrazyguy said:
Started off with 4 dr 2006 and kept chopping :D until I came up with that!!
Great job. I should probably see if I could come up with something like that on photoshop... I've had it for months and haven't tried it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The engineers who came up with Daytona didn't give two hoots about how it looked. It was the ultimate expression of "form follows function." And because of that, it has a beauty all its own . . . :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Stevasaurus said:
The engineers who came up with Daytona didn't give two hoots about how it looked. It was the ultimate expression of "form follows function." And because of that, it has a beauty all its own . . . :)
Kinda like the Skyline. Although I do admire cars that go to be fast before looking good doing it.

But a wing that could make a Supra Twin Turbo look small still makes me have to wonder...

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Oddly enough, for the publicly sold ones, the engineers debated how tall the wing should be. Back and forth, back and forth. Then one of them, said aw heck this is easy, and popped the trunk.

Make it two inches higher (I most likkely have the number wrong) than that, pointing to the now raised trunklid:)

·
Registered
37 Posts
SlickerSRT said:
But a wing that could make a Supra Twin Turbo look small still makes me have to wonder...
The crazy thing is that the only reason that wing stood so tall was for clearance to open the trunk on the street version. Out of the wind tunnel, the wing only needed to be an inch or two off the deck to get the desired aerodynamic effect. But the race car had to be like street version, so compromises were made. Next thing you know, it's the Batmobile!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
GLHS837 said:
Oddly enough, for the publicly sold ones, the engineers debated how tall the wing should be. Back and forth, back and forth. Then one of them, said aw heck this is easy, and popped the trunk.

Make it two inches higher (I most likkely have the number wrong) than that, pointing to the now raised trunklid:)
And if I'd read a little further, I would've seen that you had already replied with the trunk info. Oops. :eek:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Stevasaurus said:
The crazy thing is that the only reason that wing stood so tall was for clearance to open the trunk on the street version. Out of the wind tunnel, the wing only needed to be an inch or two off the deck to get the desired aerodynamic effect. But the race car had to be like street version, so compromises were made. Next thing you know, it's the Batmobile!!!
It's funny for me, as much as I disliked the Daytona wing, I'm still enthralled with Chrysler putting the huge fins on the cars ten years before. I've been hooked on Chrysler fins since I read Christine by Stephen King in the second grade.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts